Tennis Forum banner
121 - 140 of 167 Posts

· Registered
29,638 Posts
Re: Tennis Tipping #44a - Zhuhai - OOP of Saturday in post #6/116 - Deadline 9:30 AM

Oh wow it's actually in the rules. What a dumb fucking rule. :SNE:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nobody even knew of this rule's existence. Does it make sense to you @DJDVD? I can't imagine it does since you seem like a logical person, I'm shocked that you would choose to not only enforce it but post it in this thread so that @kfh_9118 and @Igorche would send. If that team had any shame they would let Randy and I play tomorrow, this is probably the most undeserved win in the history of TT.

@AdeyC I have never seen or heard about this rule before, when was it added? It must be a typo or something that was put in by accident. Totally asinine decision.

Hopefully this mistake will be rectified, Randy and I will be sending tomorrow.
It's not the same, because this rule is bullshit. The LOSERS from RR should not have a chance at SF, in what world does that make any sense to you? :spit: If I or any other rational person had been perusing the TT rules on a Thursday night and I stumbled across that, I would laugh it off and keep moving.
LMAO obviously you are pressed but your reaction is totally UNCALLED FOR

this rule was added in 2014 time frame, and it stemmed from some sort of controversy in Singapore that year, I am sure @Inger67 or @AdeyC could shed more light

anyway, the fact remains that this rule is there and MUST be used to govern 2017 Singapore / Zhuhai / Hua Hin, so @DJDVD did nothing wrong at all as manager, simply using the rules

@
congrats [MENTION=2015]kfh_9118
@Igorche good luck in Next Round , I think nobly you guys shouldn't send for next round to make up for that rule. But that is my Opinion on the win. Up to y'all, still love and respect y'all either way.
LMAO I can't believe you even suggested for Henry and Igor to not send tomorrow ... they are veteran TT players who sent today hoping that someone would not send and that they can earn their place into the SF (just like TF veterans @Michael! @joe87 sent for 2017 Singapore as ALT2 and ended up winning the tournament)

they did sneak into SF and they also earned a SF win fair and square (despite the retirements which happen all the time in TT and screw someone over) so of course they should take their rightful place in the final tomorrow 0:)

Reactions: kfh_9118

· Registered
29,638 Posts
Re: Tennis Tipping #44a - Zhuhai - OOP of Thursday in post #6/79 - Deadline: 8 AM CES

Note for all the players who became 2nd/3rd in their group:

If somebody does not send for the semifinal then they will be replaced by the 2nd/3rd place finisher from their group
If somebody does not send for the final then they will be replaced by the player/team they defeated in the semifinal
in my opinion, the first part of the rule makes sense, because often in RR, you have two/three players / teams tied at 2-1 or 1-2, and then one of them advances to the SF while the other does not due to a tiebreaker, so it makes sense for other team to have a chance in the SF if a qualified player does not send

the second part of the rule about final does not make sense, because the SF or a RR tournament is a win or go home situation (just like the SF of all non RR tournaments) ... this should be elmininated for next year

if this is put to a poll, please include an option where we keep the SF ALT but get rid of F ALT @goOudinUSA @DJDVD

· Registered
47,988 Posts
Re: Tennis Tipping #44a - Zhuhai - OOP of Saturday in post #6/116 - Deadline 9:30 AM

LMAO obviously you are pressed but your reaction is totally UNCALLED FOR

this rule was added in 2014 time frame, and it stemmed from some sort of controversy in Singapore that year, I am sure @Inger67 or @AdeyC could shed more light

anyway, the fact remains that this rule is there and MUST be used to govern 2017 Singapore / Zhuhai / Hua Hin, so @DJDVD did nothing wrong at all as manager, simply using the rules

LMAO I can't believe you even suggested for Henry and Igor to not send tomorrow ... they are veteran TT players who sent today hoping that someone would not send and that they can earn their place into the SF (just like TF veterans @Michael! @joe87 sent for 2017 Singapore as ALT2 and ended up winning the tournament)

they did sneak into SF and they also earned a SF win fair and square (despite the retirements which happen all the time in TT and screw someone over) so of course they should take their rightful place in the final tomorrow 0:)
God, would you shut the fuck up for once. BLOCKING you once and for all. :wavey:

I'll just continue to get updates on your pathetic existence from my "anonymous" source... :wavey:

· Registered
20,973 Posts

there is a board spot open. you clearly have opinions. You should apply for the board! :yeah:

· Registered
47,988 Posts

there is a board spot open. you clearly have opinions. You should apply for the board! :yeah:
So he can experience more rejection in his life? :spit:

My sister is SADISTIC. :haha:

· Registered
247 Posts

As the partner of the player who sadly failed to send, I feel I should add my 2 cents worth. (Don't know yet what happened to him, but that's by the way)

It is quite wrong to suggest that kfh_9118/Igorche were not worthy semi-finalists. They beat us in our RR match, and it was only our 6 picks against BYE that put us through.

In fact if only the picks in live matches had been counted it would have been the 3rd team in the group, Nikity/RodrigoR3 who would have advanced.

Surely, @Demosthenes any way of having an actual match instead of a walkover is a good thing? And who knows, we might have beaten you anyway.

· Registered
47,988 Posts

As the partner of the player who sadly failed to send, I feel I should add my 2 cents worth. (Don't know yet what happened to him, but that's by the way)

It is quite wrong to suggest that kfh_9118/Igorche were not worthy semi-finalists. They beat us in our RR match, and it was only our 6 picks against BYE that put us through.

In fact if only the picks in live matches had been counted it would have been the 3rd team in the group, Nikity/RodrigoR3 who would have advanced.

Surely, @Demosthenes any way of having an actual match instead of a walkover is a good thing? And who knows, we might have beaten you anyway.
The rule is BS and will be changed next season. So your post is extremely irrelevant and unnecessary. Sorry your partner didn't send. :hug:

By that logic, we should never have walkovers in TT and the people who lost the round before will be on a continually updating ALT list. :help:

· Registered
20,973 Posts

So he can experience more rejection in his life? :spit:

My sister is SADISTIC. :haha:
no no. All Applicants will be equal and will be voted upon their resume and application. We the board do not judge nor play favorites and welcome every applicant
@AdeyC @Poltergeist @DJDVD @goOudinUSA

· Registered
47,988 Posts

· Administrator
87,560 Posts

I wasn't involved in the Board discussion over that because it personally involved me (my then partner Mateusz was caught unawares by the early start and hadn't sent on time - as he was playing me in singles that same day we'd not discussed doubles where we were also playing).

I remember the rule being brought into place that from then onwards any doubles partners in the same group at the YEC always had to be the first days match.

· Registered
19,690 Posts

The first time I saw this rule (a few years ago) I thought it was silly and I still think so. But, good or bad, it's the rule.

Written rules should apply to all players and everyone should respect them, especially board. What is worrying here is that a board member openly stands for a violation of the rules when he needs to be that one who will prevent other players from breaking the rules. It's shocking that someone like him can be in the board, it's so disrespectful to this game. How can we be sure that he will not break the rules on purpose again in the future? :rolleyes:

Thank you Randy for your opinion, but it's stupid :weirdo:

It's not our fault because there is this rule, it's not our fault Sander. didn't send, but definitely we deserved more than you to be in that final. Good luck next time and try to pick better TB's :wavey:

congrats @kfh_9118 @Igorche good luck in Next Round , I think nobly you guys shouldn't send for next round to make up for that rule. But that is my Opinion on the win. Up to y'all, still love and respect y'all either way.

· Registered
47,988 Posts

The first time I saw this rule (a few years ago) I thought it was silly and I still think so. But, good or bad, it's the rule.

Written rules should apply to all players and everyone should respect them, especially board. What is worrying here is that a board member openly stands for a violation of the rules when he needs to be that one who will prevent other players from breaking the rules. It's shocking that someone like him can be in the board, it's so disrespectful to this game. How can we be sure that he will not break the rules on purpose again in the future? :rolleyes:

It's not our fault because there is this rule, it's not our fault Sander. didn't send, but definitely we deserved more than you to be in that final. Good luck next time and try to pick better TB's :wavey:
See @Randy I told you he would have no shame. :lol:

I'm reminded of a quote "Don't try to appeal to someone's better nature, they may not have one." :tape:

· Registered
20,973 Posts

Written rules should apply to all players and everyone should respect them, especially board. What is worrying here is that a board member openly stands for a violation of the rules when he needs to be that one who will prevent other players from breaking the rules It's shocking that someone like him can be in the board, it's so disrespectful to this game. How can we be sure that he will not break the rules on purpose again in the future? :rolleyes:

It's not just me (even in the board) who thinks that :lol: . And you must not have read everything that I posted because not once did I even oppose the ruling? I said it's a silly rule and IMO you shouldn't send to reverse a silly rule. (which you also think is silly) So I'm confused at what you're getting at?

So I'm just going to copy what I posted again so you can read it this time....

"Demosthenes sad way to end our wta year 2 retirements and kiki serving for a set which would have given it us. That rule surely won't be here next year but I guess that's how the cookie crumbles

congrats kfh_9118 Igorche good luck in Next Round , I think nobly you guys shouldn't send for next round to make up for that rule. But that is my Opinion on the win. Up to y'all, still love and respect y'all either way.

Also good luck to coolfish1103 F4CU and thanks for hosting DJDVD "

okay now that you've read that..... all I said was that's the rule and that's how it goes. I think you guys shouldn't send to make up for the silly rule (now that you and I have both said is silly) but never once did I say that the rules should be violated

okay cool, glad we clarified that! :yeah:

· Registered
27,267 Posts

since we are being tagged here I feel like I should voice my opinion as well.
I have noticed that people generally want you to follow the rules as the manager if it suits them and not follow the rules if it doesn't suit them. This is no shade to anyone involved in THIS particular conflict, but just an observation. All of this puts managers in a very tough position, alongside with a lot of other things.

Now, because people speculate why I left the board I feel like I should add, there is no motive other then the ones I have mentioned in my leaving thread ;) It's because players are becoming lazier and more protected and they enjoy it, because of some rules that make absolutely no sense, because managing is now harder than ever, and initially, not being chosen as a mod influenced it as well, I wanted something to keep me committed to TF when for AGES I haven't even felt the joy this forum can bring, it felt like a chore to me to host 2-3 tournaments per month (and I hosted more then anyone and would host more in November and December if I cared).

as for this rule, it shall stand because we cannot change the rule mid-tournament to please one side or the other. The same as we had to enforce the rule about sending to both managers and no one wanted to back down the first time it had to be enforced in Indian Wells.
This rule, however no sense it might make, is a real rule n the WTA and therefore I think that it should stay in TT as well, even though I am not a fan.

Reactions: Effy

· Registered
19,690 Posts

@Randy
As I said above a board member should ensure that the rules are used as they are written, so you can't force anyone to not send so you can go to final (by the same rule) because you do not like some rule. I'm playing this game for six years and it never happened that I didn't send mine picks, same as my partner, I will not do it for you.

I never broke the rules, good or bad I always respect them, does not matter whether I win or lose because of them. Tomorrow, if the rules change, I will follow new rules, even if I don't agree with them, I am mature enough to understand that it must be like that.

If board thinks rule is silly why they didn't change it? They had opportunity last off-season. Why you didn't change it?

If this happened to me, I would say "it's a silly rule, but it's a rule and you deserve to win,congrats and good luck in the next round", wouldn't make drama.

Only losers want to win with wo, real champions prefer to win the match.

· Registered
47,988 Posts

@Randy
As I said above a board member should ensure that the rules are used as they are written, so you can't force anyone to not send so you can go to final (by the same rule) because you do not like some rule. I'm playing this game for six years and it never happened that I didn't send mine picks, same as my partner, I will not do it for you.

I never broke the rules, good or bad I always respect them, does not matter whether I win or lose because of them. Tomorrow, if the rules change, I will follow new rules, even if I don't agree with them, I am mature enough to understand that it must be like that.

If board thinks rule is silly why they didn't change it? They had opportunity last off-season. Why you didn't change it?

If this happened to me, I would say "it's a silly rule, but it's a rule and you deserve to win,congrats and good luck in the next round", wouldn't make drama.

Only losers want to win with wo, real champions prefer to win the match.
It wasn't changed because nobody even knew it existed untli yesterday. If David didn't post in here you wouldn't have sent picks. :help:

The entire board thought you shouldn't even be in the SF, and then you won on TWO retirements after you made stupid picks. You have a lot of nerve to be talking about who is a loser and how I should be reacting to this situation. Stay in your lane.

· Registered
27,267 Posts

well to be honest, we all basically agreed that the rule should stay as it is AT THE MOMENT @Demosthenes ;)

Even Randy, I am not sure what he has been telling you ( and if he should even be telling you anything from our private board convos :ignore: )

Reactions: Randy

· Registered
19,690 Posts

I knew about this rule, nobody had to remind me.

Others should learn the rules, if not they should not complain.

· Registered
47,988 Posts

well to be honest, we all basically agreed that the rule should stay as it is AT THE MOMENT @Demosthenes ;)

Even Randy, I am not sure what he has been telling you ( and if he should even be telling you anything from our private board convos :ignore: )
Well you, Randall, and David all said in this thread you don't see the sense in the rule, hence it doesn't make sense that Igorcheat is in SF. :rolls:

Adey also had nothering to say on it earlier when that pressed thing tried to call on him for backup. I guess I shouldn't have said the whole board, I don't know what Doug thinks. :shrug:

121 - 140 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.