Tennis Forum banner

341 - 345 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What a crazy week :hysteric:

First off: Zenith/jrm :hug: :hug: :hug:

Second: David :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

It's so insane that we made it to YEC considering we had to win the title here at the start of the tournament. Not only that, but even in some cases winning the title wouldn't have clinched us the spot (like if we had played another YEC contender in the final and beat them, then that team would've moved on and not us).

It's also pretty funny that we were sooo close to losing in R1 here + our opponent said he was close to picking Tomljanovic which would've meant our loss :p

Congrats to Jaco-He for also being clutch and qualifying :D

And, of course, thanks Adey for your awesome management! :worship:

·
Registered
13,408 Posts
Congrats to the winners and of course David/Dylan for qualifying for Singapore :)

Of course, it's extremely disappointing to look back on the year and think if we had just picked one match differently, we could have been in Singapore. The one that stands out the most to me is that we had the second best score in the first round of Wimbledon (tied with opponents) and we lost. If we had been placed anywhere else, we would have been in the YEC. And also, it's slightly embarrassing that we are grand slam champions and unable to participate :eek:

Then again, it's only been a year since I started playing and I would have never expected what would happen this year! We basically went from unranked to French Open champions, top 20 double players, and the 9th best team in the world.

I guess we can both say next year, but in reality, it's going to be very hard to back up a year like this and we most likely won't be anywhere close to Singapore in the coming years. :sad:

Anyway, that's the end of my lengthy "rant". Well deserved guys - you were able to perform under pressure when we weren't. Congrats again ;)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Wow, congrats to the winners :yeah:

All 3 of you really showed balls of steel. :eek: :worship:

Reactions: Freak3yman84

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
That was realy a close match. Congratulations Jaco He, I see how important this win was for you :)
Congrats to doubles winners and finalists
And, again, thank you AdeyC :)

·
Registered
17,275 Posts
Congrats David/Dylan for winning the title & qualifying for YEC :worship: :yeah:
Also to Jaco-He in single :bigclap:

Kev :hug: missing Sofia single by 1 point :eek:
But at least you qualify for double :)

341 - 345 of 345 Posts