Tennis Forum banner
381 - 400 of 417 Posts

·
Administrator
77,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #381 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #32a – Montreal - Additional Saturday OOP posted - Post 6 / 356 AN

OK - well again I apologise to those who got involved because of the spreadsheet input error. I'm sorry that it's caused this mess - but I've tried the best that I can to sort this out in the fairest way possible.

I'll be posting the OOP early - in about an hour's time - with matches from tomorrows challengers finals for those in the doubles event QF/SF - the first of these matches will start 11.30am UK time - so there'll be at least 14 hours to send (I'm waiting on the Warsaw SF to finish before posting).

The deadline for Montreal matches will be the time of the start of the Montreal final.

·
Administrator
77,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #32a – Montreal - Additional Saturday OOP posted - Post 6 / 356 AN

Differences

Doubles Draw

Final

00:00 | Martn7/TennisFan102 (ESP/ANT) vs. danieln1/sdtoot (BRA/GBR) - SVITOLINA vs. STEPHENS SR Differences: SVITOLINA 2-0 v. STEPHENS 2-0
00:00 | Martn7/TennisFan102 (ESP/ANT) vs. Frenchtouch/histery (FRA/ROU) - SVITOLINA vs. STEPHENS SR Differences: SVITOLINA 2-0 v. STEPHENS 2-1, STEPHENS 2-0 v. STEPHENS 2-1
00:00 | Martn7/TennisFan102 (ESP/ANT) vs. Aleksz/gumoll (HUN/POL) - SVITOLINA vs. STEPHENS SR Differences: SVITOLINA 2-0 v. STEPHENS 2-0

·
Premium Member
27,929 Posts

OK - well again I apologise to those who got involved because of the spreadsheet input error. I'm sorry that it's caused this mess - but I've tried the best that I can to sort this out in the fairest way possible.

I'll be posting the OOP early - in about an hour's time - with matches from tomorrows challengers finals for those in the doubles event QF/SF - the first of these matches will start 11.30am UK time - so there'll be at least 14 hours to send (I'm waiting on the Warsaw SF to finish before posting).

The deadline for Montreal matches will be the time of the start of the Montreal final.

@AdeyC we are humans and can make mistake, I’m sure you’re doing the best you can :yeah:

·
Administrator
77,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·

Order Of Play – Sunday

Names in blue to send for matches under the name

Frenchtouch/histery v Aleksz/gumoll
Koksidje Final – Miriam KOLODZIEJOVA (CZE) v Richel HOGENKAMP (NED) TB1
Hechingen Final - Ekaterine GORGODZE (GEO) v Laura SIEGEMUND (GER) TB2

danieln1/sdtoot v Frenchtouch/histery – this will be played only if Frenchtouch/histery beat Aleksz/gumoll
Warsaw Final – Victoria BOSIO (ARG) v Olga IANCHUK (UKR) TB1
Jinan Final - Lin ZHU (CHN) v Yafan WANG (CHN) TB2

Play starts at 11.30 local time

EVERYONE

Simona HALEP (ROU) v Sloane STEPHENS (USA) TB1
Simona HALEP (ROU) v Elina SVITOLINA (BUL) TB1
Ashleigh BARTY (AUS) v Sloane STEPHENS (USA) TB1
Ashleigh BARTY (AUS) v Elina SVITOLINA (BUL) TB1

Code:
TB = send exact scores (e.g. 64 63)

SR = send set ratio (2-0 or 2-1)

Send only last names please
Matches count for the second of a two-day final in both singles and doubles

Play starts at TBC local time

Please send your picks to AdeyC

Good luck :wavey:

Code:
[CENTER] As is now tradition in my events – just for fun I’ll be handing out a daily Eager Beaver 
Award each day - which will go to the first person to send in picks after the OOP is posted – so seven 
players at all levels will have a chance of winning something this week. [/CENTER]

·
Registered
29,588 Posts

Congrats @diego36arg :yeah:

@SAISAI-GOAT If you had won I could have let you be our team captain, but you are currently ranked higher than me so you still have chances to be our team captain anyway :lol:
sorry @Martn7, I tried as hard as I can, Zaja wasted a 4-1 1s lead :hysteric:

·
Registered
7,598 Posts

Order Of Play – Sunday

Names in blue to send for matches under the name

Frenchtouch/histery v Aleksz/gumoll
Koksidje Final – Miriam KOLODZIEJOVA (CZE) v Richel HOGENKAMP (NED) TB1
Hechingen Final - Ekaterine GORGODZE (GEO) v Laura SIEGEMUND (GER) TB2

danieln1/sdtoot v Frenchtouch/histery – this will be played only if Frenchtouch/histery beat Aleksz/gumoll
Warsaw Final – Victoria BOSIO (ARG) v Olga IANCHUK (UKR) TB1
Jinan Final - Lin ZHU (CHN) v Yafan WANG (CHN) TB2

Play starts at 11.30 local time

EVERYONE

Simona HALEP (ROU) v Sloane STEPHENS (USA) TB1
Simona HALEP (ROU) v Elina SVITOLINA (BUL) TB1
Ashleigh BARTY (AUS) v Sloane STEPHENS (USA) TB1
Ashleigh BARTY (AUS) v Elina SVITOLINA (BUL) TB1

Code:
TB = send exact scores (e.g. 64 63)

SR = send set ratio (2-0 or 2-1)

Send only last names please
Matches count for the second of a two-day final in both singles and doubles

Play starts at TBC local time

Please send your picks to AdeyC

Good luck :wavey:

Code:
[CENTER] As is now tradition in my events – just for fun I’ll be handing out a daily Eager Beaver 
Award each day - which will go to the first person to send in picks after the OOP is posted – so seven 
players at all levels will have a chance of winning something this week. [/CENTER]
I assume the deadline for the Jinan Final pick is 08.30am UK time?

·
Registered
7,598 Posts

Ah it'll just have to be the one match in that section then - it said 13.30 start, but that was obviously local time.
So I assume that not everybody had sent before the start if the Jinan final at 08.30 UK time this morning? I just wonder how many more opportunities we are going to give these doubles players in this tournament because I am now getting very fed up with it tbh.

Adrian, Sorry for the rant but having the possibility of now only using one match in a TT P5 semi-final is not good.

Let us all remember that TT managers are human beings who very occassionnally make mistakes. It is up to us as players to ensure that we check our diffs - if there is any uncertainty in the results then we should immediately query it with the manager and make sure that we send picks for the next day(s) until any possible mistakes are rectified. Having a situation like this where we are now going back a number of rounds to try to unpick the results seems rather ludicrous to me.

·
Administrator
77,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #392 · (Edited)
Re: Tennis Tipping #32a – Montreal - Sunday OOP Posted - Post 6 / 385 - Everyone to

The deadline is 11.30am UK time - I added the chinese match because it said 13.30 on the site in an attempt to find more matches to use, i hadn't realised it was local time.

Because Frenchtouch/histery hadn't heard about all this until yesterday - it wasn't really fair that they didn't have a chance to send picks, and that's meant that there are now only three matches today that i can use

Well the fault in the original place is all mine because there were two Konta matches in the OOP at the time and when i posted the update before going to bed I'd put an 0 in the sheet for the wrong match - so the wrong updated diffs were posted and wasn't then picked up until the next day - because of that these players wouldn't have realised that that was the case, which is why I'm trying to give everyone a chance to have an opportunity to send some picks to try to get results to sort this mess out (which is my fault at the end of the day).

·
Administrator
77,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
Re: Tennis Tipping #32a – Montreal - Sunday OOP Posted - Post 6 / 385 - Everyone to

Differences

Doubles Draw

Quarter Finals

00:00 | Frenchtouch/histery vs. Aleksz/gumoll - Missing picks from Frenchtouch Missing picks from histery

Aleksz gumoll
HOGENKAMP 6-4 6-3 HOGENKAMP 6-4 6-3
SIEGEMUND 6-4 6-3 SIEGEMUND 6-4 6-3

One would assume that Aleksz/gumoll will win this match – assuming that to be the case they will progess to the semi-finals against sdtoot/danieln1

This was played yesterday and sdtoot/danieln1 won that match to progress to the final.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts

The deadline is 11.30am UK time - I added the chinese match because it said 13.30 on the site in an attempt to find more matches to use, i hadn't realised it was local time.

Because Frenchtouch/histery hadn't heard about all this until yesterday - it wasn't really fair that they didn't have a chance to send picks, and that's meant that there are now only three matches today that i can use

Well the fault in the original place is all mine because there were two Konta matches in the OOP at the time and when i posted the update before going to bed I'd put an 0 in the sheet for the wrong match - so the wrong updated diffs were posted and wasn't then picked up until the next day - because of that these players wouldn't have realised that that was the case, which is why I'm trying to give everyone a chance to have an opportunity to send some picks to try to get results to sort this mess out (which is my fault at the end of the day).
After doing all you can to give them the opportunity to stay in the tournament then they don't send. :help: Who'd be a TT manager. :lol:

·
-
53,157 Posts

00:00 | Frenchtouch/histery vs. Aleksz/gumoll - Missing picks from Frenchtouch Missing picks from histery

and they saw the message as they answered :help:

·
Premium Member
58,884 Posts

SF is still a very good result :D

Thanks AdeyC :hug:

·
Registered
7,720 Posts

Sorry Adey

I had no clue we were still in after not sending for Koksijde yesterday. Should have just capitulated and not put everybody through all this pain.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

381 - 400 of 417 Posts