Administrator
78,784 Posts

·
Administrator
78,784 Posts

·
Milk and honey
4,340 Posts
@Vitor BM @Martn7 many congratulations :) wonderful event for you both, and now slam champions. I don't know if you've been slam champs before, if not then it's even more special for you guys. Good luck on the grass!

Great event for us again @ace the line, one win away from pretty much the perfect clay season. Oh well. There's a reason why nobody does it :hug: tough one for us today given for once we were on the opposite ends of the spectrum with our gut feelings, but teamwork is all about compromise and after another amazing slam run I don't regret one bit of it. 2 slam runner up trophies this year is both incredible and of course disappointing, as we'd love to win one. Nonetheless, an astonishing season we're having, the fact that we almost took the title after the great Rome and Madrid was shocking to me, I was sure we would flop early here given we had been in such good form and that so rarely translates :lol: at this rate my singles career is close to over but if this is the kind of success we can consistently achieve in doubles, I don't mind it :shrug: :inlove: thanks as always for being the best partner I could ask for.

Thanks as always to @AdeyC for great management.

Reactions: AdeyC and Vitor BM

·
Registered
29,588 Posts
congrats my comrade & Fed Cup teammate @Martn7, you went through a murderer's row of opponents including @danieln1 (saving MP on SAISAI's SP) , @Inger67 , @goOudinUSA

and it should be noted that this Martn's 2nd Grand Slam (after 2017 Wimbledon), it is extremely hard to win one Grand Slam let alone two :worship: :worship: :worship:

just in time too for Spain as my reign as Wimbledon champion coming to an end :sobbing: @Javi @New_balls_please

sorry @Pierre @ace the line :sobbing: :hug:

Reactions: Pierre.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
And there goes the 2nd consecutive slam final, blown away by the Parisian wind :lol:

Congratulations to the winners and @Martn7 to do the double in a slam is incredible! Ably assisted by @Vitor BM well done to you guys enjoy the feeling, hope it’s something we one day get to experience and not have to wait as long as Wozniacki for it ;)
@AdeyC the reliable pair of hands at the helm, thank you again for the fortnight of impeccable management and good to see you’ve got the job at Wimbledon again this year.

Thanks to you all who backed us for glory in your thread interviews and sorry if you staked any money on us :lol: as disappointing as this is, at least @Pierre. and myself have made some sort of unique history this clay season. Thanks for the ride partner!

Quick hop back over the channel and enjoy the grass season everyone :)

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
What a great tournament this has been, my third Grand Slam singles title and first in doubles as well :bounce: @Vitor BM Our first Grand Slam tournament playing together and we won it, such an amazing result for us

Congrats to all the finalists as well for this great run @Vefci Y @ace the line @Pierre. and thanks @AdeyC for managing the tournament, great job as usual

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I would like to congratulate my partner @Martn7 for the fantastic two weeks, absolutely incredible! :worship::worship:

Very happy for this achievement, we started the partnership in February and we have already achieved very good results and now with a Slam title, it's amazing! :woohoo:
@Pierre. @ace the line @Vefci Y Congratulations on the campaign because getting a Slam decision is never easy, good luck to you guys in the grass season and @AdeyC for conducting yet another tournament with perfection :worship:

Reactions: Pierre. and AdeyC
621 - 636 of 636 Posts