Premium Member
69,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #261

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Re: Tennis Tipping #19a Madrid | Finals | Day 2 diffs in posts #7 + #256

Oh my GOD @ace the line :bigcry: Premier Mandatory CHAMPIONS! :aparty:

We went for the kill here, we knew it was a risk but it felt too good not to pass up, especially after picking Bertens over Kvitova in the semis correctly. We usually bottle leads in finals, not peak on day 2 after a day 1 deficit :hysteric: thank you so much for being my partner as I truly couldn't do it without you J. We had a pretty wild ride this season, barely winning matches since that AO final but then winning it all in Madrid :lol: we've come on so far in the one year we've played together, from both of us being well outside of the top 100 in the doubles ranks in May 2018, and now in the top 20 :eek: and second in the race halfway through the season. :hug:

@Crux Squall and @Davidspell you guys had a great run to the final, to do it from qualies is crazy and especially as a new team. Wish you all the best at Roland Garros!

Thanks @Sexysova, you're one of the best managers out there and I never have any qualms about committing to your events, whether they're big events, small events or ITF's. You always do an outstanding job Ondrej :yeah:

See you all in Rome :drive: :kiss:
:woohoo: Kiki brings it home for us!

First off, well done to @Crux Squall and @Davidspell to get all the way from qualifying to the final and making myself and @Pierre. work hard for this title! I’ve reached a (singles) PM final from qualifying myself before and know just how much hard work it is and how sore it feels to just miss out at the end. The standard for all doubles players from QF has been very high.

12 months ago, we decided to try our luck as very low ranked doubles players to see if we could get our summer campaign underway in Madrid. We were well down the ALT list for qualifying and unsurprisingly got nowhere after sending our picks! A good week can always be just around the corner so hope it’s motivation to everyone to keep going and keep the depth of players in TT across all 4 tournaments each week as much as it can be.

Congratulations to @sdtoot for the singles title and completing a team GB sweep of the trophies this week!

Thank you as always to @Sexysova for impeccable management all week. Pierre and myself won our first WTA title in one of your tournaments and here we are again. We’ll have to keep an eye on where you’re due to manage next few weeks and get signing up there ;)

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
This is my first big singles TT tournament win since winning this same tournament exactly nine years ago. :eek:

Well done to @CharlDa for a great run to the singles final - I was worried that you may have picked Kiki but I guess her not so great performance against Sloane put you off.

Congrats to @ace the line and @Pierre. for winning the doubles title :yeah: - I was lucky enough to win the doubles title here last year with Daniel.

Final thanks go to Ondrej for flawless TT management as always. :hatoff:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
35,763 Posts
Congrats sd! :worship: I had actually picked Kiki and then started reading the reports of how horrible the match was against Sloane. And I thought Simona looked confident. So I switched my pick to Halep 2-0, feeling youd do 2-1. At least I forced the diff and felt confident after the first few games :sobbing:

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
Congrats to @Pierre. and @ace the line! :cheer: You really deserved this title and I’m happy for you! :bounce: Good luck for the rest of the season! Hopefully you make it to Shenzhen! :yeah:
@Crux Squall, thanks for playing with me this week! :hi5: It was a great run and our games complemented each other really well! :D I hope you keep doing well! :cheer:

Thanks to @Sexysova for managing! :hatoff: Can’t wait to play another tournament of yours as the first tournament I play that you aren’t managing, I already lost :tears: :rolls:

Also congrats to the singles finalists! :bounce:

261 - 266 of 266 Posts