Tennis Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
:ras: I know.. dubai was a crap... :lol:

SloKid said:
With all respect for people, who ran tournaments in the past, this is perhaps the best ran tourney so far :yeah:

Well done!

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Bubba, I don't understand, what do the numbers beside 'TB' mean? eg. (28-19) etc.

·
The long and winding road.
50,744 Posts
köj-è said:
:ras: I know.. dubai was a crap... :lol:
Dubai was not your fault, you can't control the weather ;)

And I ran tournaments too and still think this is perhaps the best ran :p

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
köj-è said:
Bubba, I don't understand, what do the numbers beside 'TB' mean? eg. (28-19) etc.
Oh yeah I know, I should explain how I do it.
TB is the tiebreab score of the poster in the tiebreak match, honestly it is not really necessary. Most of the time you can see the winner of a tied match without doing the count, I wanted to try this to make it clearer but it seems to be useless.
Anyways, your score in the tiebreak is the number of "right games" minus the number of "wrong games" giving by a poster in the tiebreak match.

Example: A def. B = 6-4 3-6 7-5

Poster C prediction: A def. B = 4-6 6-2 6-4
. In the first set, C gave 4 games to A which are 4 "right games" ( = 4 points), C gave 6 games to B which are 4 "right games" and 2 "wrong games" ( = 4 - 2 = 2 points ).
. In the second set, C gave 6 games to A which are 3 "right games" and 3 "wrong games"( = 3 - 3 = 0 points), C gave only 2 games to B which are 2 "right games" ( = 2 points ).
. In the third set, C gave 6 games to A which are 6 "right games" ( = 6 points), C gave 4 games to B which are 4 "right games" ( = 4 points ).

In the end, C gets: 4 + 2 + 0 + 2 + 6 + 4 = 18 points, that is his tiebreak score.

Poster D prediction: A def. B = 6-3 1-6 6-2
. In the first set, D gave 6 games to A which are 6 "right games" ( = 6 points), D gave 3 games to B which are 3 "right games" ( = 3 points ).
. In the second set, D gave 1 game to A which is 1 "right game" ( = 1 point), D gave 6 games to B which are 6 "right games" ( = 6 points ).
. In the third set, D gave 6 games to A which are 6 "right games" ( = 6 points), D gave 2 games to B which are 2 "right games" ( = 2 points ).

In the end, D gets: 6 + 3 + 1 + 6 + 6 + 2 = 24 points, that is his tiebreak score.

D def. C (24:18), the winner is D.

Congratulation if you read and understand my entire post, I hope it was clear and answered to your question köj-è.

·
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Scores updated after 2/3 matches.
Both finalists made the same picks.

Day 7 Matches
K. Clijsters (BEL) [1] vs. S. Kuznetsova (RUS) [4]
Remember to send the exact score for this match

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
yes i got the point.. :eek: :p

·
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
The final result:

04:04 | (4) meelis13 (EST) v east players (HUN) TB - (10:15)
meelis13 picked Kuznetsova 6-4 7-5, east players picked Kuznetsova 6-3 2-6 6-4, east players is the winner as he had Clijsters winning more games, the exact tiebreak score is (10:15).

·
5,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Thank you all for playing here this week! :wavey:

I had a great time running this tournament, I hope everyone was pleased by the organisation. If you have any remarks or suggestions on the organisation of this TT tourney, just let me know! Thus I could improve myself. :p

Congrats to east players for his first title. :yeah:

Commiserations to meelis13, reaching the final is a good achievement though.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts