Tennis Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Re: Tennis Tipping #14b - Monterrey - Finals time!

SINGLES SF:

03:02 | Davidspell (PUR) vs. (4) Lazar. (SRB) #SRs: 1-2
03:04 | (Q) jrm (SLO) vs. Pierre. (GBR) #SRs: 1-3

DOUBLES SF:

08:05 | (LL) Hidalgo /witala92 (RUS/RUS) vs. (Q) Eddy LIN /Mikeann (CHN/CHN) #SRs: 7-4
08:05 | (LL) LHF /Isaam_ (BRA/GER) vs. denijs /Davidspell (POL/PUR) #SRs: 5-2

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

Two teams of lucky losers are in the doubles Final :)

Reactions: witala92

·
Milk and honey
3,524 Posts

OMG :crying2: my first ever WTA FINAL :woohoo: can't believe it, Guest peaking like that, so relieved :sobbing:
@jrm you had a fantastic run from qualies, best of luck in the clay season. :hug:

I'll do everything I can now to win this title, but it will be tough :armed:

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Re: Tennis Tipping #14b - Monterrey - Friday diffs in #138

Wow, in a WTA final :eek: These past 4 weeks have been great after a post-tournament win slump :cheer:

@Lazar. :hug: It was a really tough match to predict. Good luck for the rest of the season! :yeah:

Now doubles :cool:
Good luck in the final! :bigclap:
Doubles title has to wait a bit ;)

·
47,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #147

FINALS, DAY 1/2:

00:00 | Davidspell (PUR) vs. Pierre. (GBR) - AZARENKA vs. KERBER

00:00 | (LL) Hidalgo /witala92 (RUS/RUS) vs. (LL) LHF /Isaam_ (BRA/GER) - Same Winners; SR Differences: MUGURUZA 2-0 v. MUGURUZA 2-1, KERBER 2-1 v. KERBER 2-0

·
47,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #148

AFTER DAY 1:

02:01 Davidspell (PUR) vs. Pierre. (GBR) #SRs: 2-1

02:02 | (LL) Hidalgo /witala92 (RUS/RUS) vs. (LL) LHF /Isaam_ (BRA/GER) #SRs: 2-1

·
47,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #149

Order of Play
Singles + Doubles Final, DAY 2/2

Garbine MUGURUZA vs Victoria AZARENKA TB1

SEND LAST NAMES ONLY

TB = send exact scores (e.g. 6-4 6-3)
SR = send set ratio (2-0 or 2-1)
Send all picks to Effy
Play starts at 4.30 PM local time
GOOD LUCK!

·
47,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #150

FINALS, DAY 2/2:

02:01 | Davidspell (PUR) vs. Pierre. (GBR) (SR 2:1) (ISR 0:0) - AZARENKA vs. MUGURUZA SR Differences: AZARENKA 2-0 vs. MUGURUZA 2-1

02:02 | (LL) Hidalgo /witala92 (RUS/RUS) vs. (LL) LHF /Isaam_ (BRA/GER) (SR 2:1) (ISR 0:0) - SR Differences: None

·
Registered
8,141 Posts

A quite anticlimactic way to end this week, but happy to win my 1st ever WTA title :D I am glad I have won my past 2 finals after a 9 losing streak in them :cheer:
@Pierre. :hug: Always tough playing against a friend. I hope you continue to produce great results and win your first WTA title and more soon! :yeah:

Congratulations to the doubles winners and finalists, and thanks to @Effy for the excellent management :hatoff:

·
Milk and honey
3,524 Posts

Ah well, needed a miracle so didn't expect much today. Even if I had picked in 2, Guest retired :lol: she seemed completely fine yesterday, what a sudden injury :eek: at least I made it close.

Well big congrats @Davidspell, I had hopes of winning this one after a fantastic week for me out of nowhere but you were much braver yesterday so deserved the win. I know you have played this game for many years and have reached a number of WTA finals, but this is your very first WTA singles title. You've been in this longer than me and certainly paid your dues, so well done on winning your first title, I am sure it is super special :) I couldn't ask to lose to a classier player, and I hope you continue your great run of form.

Personally, I'm super grateful for this week as going in I had just lost my Miami points and my ranking was falling off the edge of a cliff, so this has allowed me to at least continue to play WTA Q and some maindraws for a few more months :lol: after 3 years it was only my first final, so I definitely have to be appreciative of that despite the disappointment. Couldn't have asked for a better end to the HC season which has given me some renewed motivation at long last.

Thanks @Effy for doing a wonderful job managing as usual, your events are always fun to play.

Congrats to the two LL doubles teams in the final - don't think I've seen that before! Anyway sorry for rambling, peace and see you all on the clay :drive: :kiss:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

Won my only singles WTA title playing as... ALT15 (and against ... ALT8 in the Final match). And now won my first WTA doubles title as LL3 (ALT1) :)
Congrats Davidspell with singles title! I lost to future champion in R32 here :)
Поздравляю напарника witala92 с первым титулом в ТТ! В финале нам чертовски повезло конечно:)
Спасибо Еffy за превосходную работу всю неделю!

·
47,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #154

SINGLES FINAL:

02:02 | Davidspell (PUR) vs. Pierre. (GBR) #SRs: 2-1

DOUBLES FINAL:

02:02 | (LL) Hidalgo /witala92 (RUS/RUS) vs. (LL) LHF /Isaam_ (BRA/GER) #SRs: 2-1

·
47,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Well done Davidspell and Hidalgo /witala92! :yeah:

Better luck next time, runner ups :hug:

Thanks everyone for playing here :)

141 - 156 of 156 Posts