Discussion Starter #2

·
63,491 Posts
To put this into perspective,

·
Registered
82,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I really love that from the players but in my opinion there has to come a lot more from ATP/WTA/ITF..may be two big EXHOS for Charity on Rod Laver ..may be something like Barty - Osaka or Barty - Serena and Federer - Novak or Federer -Nadal..

·
Registered
82,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love also the very helpful heart from lower ranked players like Sanders and Perez who has to fight for every cent ..that 10 € are from the small small money they make..Top players often get paid that " donate" from the sponsors..

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I hope to see more players engaging in this too. The top players on both tours should participate too imo, hopefully they'll join soon. And more non-Aussies too! It's a global thing and it'll give it more traction if players of all nationalities help to donate as well.

Good on Nick, I've always found him to be a decent person but media has blown his shenanigans way out of proportion. He's also got TA to engage in an exho before the AO I think. Nice to also see the lesser ranked players willing to donate when their earnings clearly aren't as high as Nick/Alex etc.

·
Registered
76,139 Posts
I really love that from the players but in my opinion there has to come a lot more from ATP/WTA/ITF..may be two big EHOS for Charity on Rod Laver ..may be something like Barty - Osaka or Barty - Serena and Federer - Novak or Federer -Nadal..
Kyrgios has asked for this and the tournament director has responded so they probably will do something as they have done in the past (for 2011 Queensland floodings and the 2010 Haiti earthquake)

·
Registered
82,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
82,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope to see more players engaging in this too. The top players on both tours should participate too imo, hopefully they'll join soon. And more non-Aussies too! It's a global thing and it'll give it more traction if players of all nationalities help to donate as well.

Good on Nick, I've always found him to be a decent person but media has blown his shenanigans way out of proportion. He's also got TA to engage in an exho before the AO I think. Nice to also see the lesser ranked players willing to donate when their earnings clearly aren't as high as Nick/Alex etc.
Such a nice post. Agree 100%!

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
Sam can donate for her every ace, not sure about Ash, Osaka or Pliskova's - those aces :oops: Good on Kyrios for starting the initiative. Maybe wild animals are also affected, and Ash dough can be useful for their rescue and shelter.

·
Registered
46,309 Posts
15 MILLION acres burned...beyond belief. We have a lot of fires on the west coast in the US but these AUS fires dwarf them.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
How are our Australian members doing?
I guess if they live in one of the major cities they're (relatively) safe and since most Australians do the odds seem favorable?
The scale of these fires is almost difficult to imagine and the pictures of the mid-day sky darkened by smoke recall apocalyptic movie scenes.
I hope this comes to an end soon.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Canberra's air quality is officially "hazardous". They are due to play an ATP Challenger/Women's ITF there in a few days.

1 - 20 of 196 Posts