Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Is tennis shoe overrated? I play with my running shoes all the time and don't have any problem with them. :D

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Is tennis shoe overrated? I play with my running shoes all the time and don't have any problem with them. :D
No it's not over rated.

Tennis shoes are made for movement in all directions and running shoes are made for forward movement.

I feel faster in the tennis shoes for sure.

·
Premium Member
170,255 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I have a question regarding the size conversion from women's to men's tennis shoes. I want to buy my shoes online, but I find that the selections and designs for women are really limited, so I want to buy men's shoes. The problem is that I'm not sure if the conversion is -1.5 or -2 from the women's sizing. I've searched online and a lot of people are mentioning either 1.5 or 2. I've tried going to my local store to see if I could fit in US/CA size 6 for men (I'm 7.5 in US/CA for women), but they don't offer anything lower than a size 7. I wanted to ask around to make sure before I attempt to order online because the return process can be difficult and inconvenient.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know how about others, but I didn't have much choice so I bought Nike Vapor Court... something. (I forgot the full title :D)Anyway, the shoes look great and I can't wait for the new season to begin :) Also, I'm not a pro, so I think I still can't tell which brand or type of shoes are better,but the ones I got seems to fit me :)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
No! I played in running shoes for a while and I ended up having foot pain. Luckily I recover from injuries quite quickly and just got some insoles and proper tennis shoes and now there's no more pain. But others might not be so lucky. You have been warned!!! :shout::dog::explode:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - sorry for cutting in but I can't create a new thread/post.. I wanted your advise on new tennis shoes. As I play double hand backhand and forehand, grip is absolutely guy as I have to have more agility, run faster and really focus on anticipation and movement/positioning. I wanted to get a recommendation on tennis shoes which could be used on both clay and astroturf (as I don't think there's shoes that could work on hard/astroturf? Thanks very much

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm planning to buy new tennis shoes and I am wondering if you have any suggestions? My problem is that I have wide feet, so I am searching for shoes that are appropriate for wide feet.
Thank you in advance for your answers :)

Addidas has allot of tennis/spot shoes, you can check your local store.
And with sizes well I think that will depend on the availability.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We have those horrible astro/fake grass courts at my local club. Obviously grass tennis shoes cost a bomb - my thought is would a cheap pair of astro football boots work on a tennis court? I very rarely play on them so CBA paying for proper ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a pair of Reeboks on an auction site - they turned out to be WORK shoes - with steel toes!! Slip and oil resistant. Can I wear these for tennis?? :banghead:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would recommend using different shoes for every surface. The outsole should be different for clay and for grass, not speaking about the hard courts. Using the clay shoes for hard would mean you will wear them down very quickly and vice versa. And more, you are risking injury when using hard court shoes for clay, because of slipping. So be careful, invest a little bit more. Here is a good tennis shoes guide, what you need for different surfaces, what is important and what not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My patients have found the Velcro straps to be very easy to use and adjust, especially those with arthritis in their hands. I have appreciated the constant updating to the products with new offerings and improvements to the line every season and look forward to continuing to offer the shoes to my patients for many years.I have been offering patients Orthofeet shoes for 6+ years and my patients, both diabetics and non-diabetic, have found them to be comfortable and stylish.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts