Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy new tennis shoes and I am wondering if you have any suggestions? My problem is that I have wide feet, so I am searching for shoes that are appropriate for wide feet.
Thank you in advance for your answers :)

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
14,092 Posts
Thanks, but I'm looking for men's shoes, these are women's ;). Sorry I didn't specify this before.

Mostly clay, but a few times on carpet diring winter.
I have a guy friend who plays tennis too and he thinks Men's Barricades (and the Barricade team -which is the cheaper version of Barricade) are the best tennis shoes. :lol:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi I just joined the forum and I can't start a thread...I hope you can let me ask my question here.

I got this jogging shoes....they are very comfortable...I was wondering can I use them for tennis as well? thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
14,525 Posts
I'm planning to buy new tennis shoes and I am wondering if you have any suggestions? My problem is that I have wide feet, so I am searching for shoes that are appropriate for wide feet.
Thank you in advance for your answers :)
I also have wide feet and I find the prince T22 suits me very well. However, shoes are a very personal thing. You really need to try them. I used to use the Prince quiktrac, which I liked. When the quiktrac 2 came out I didn't like it at all. I then found the Prince T10, which fit me well, and then the T22.

I tried the barricade and didn't like it.

In all honesty you can't tell until you try the shoes, unless you know that someone has a very similarly shaped foot to you.

Hi I just joined the forum and I can't start a thread...I hope you can let me ask my question here.

I got this jogging shoes....they are very comfortable...I was wondering can I use them for tennis as well? thanks
Depending on how strict the club you play at is, you can use jogging shoes if you are a beginner but I would definitely prefer to play in tennis shoes once you start improving. Tennis shoes are designed to help you stop quickly and turn on a flat surface, whereas jogging shoes are designed to make forward movement comfortable and also to help you run on uneven surfaces.

Some clubs insist you have proper non marking tennis shoes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
so it's true that you can injure yourself with non tennis shoes? coz it got no side to side support? my footwork is pretty fast.

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all answers :)I tried adidas barricade and they unfortunatelly didn't work for me.
I tried Head Speed Pro II Men and they felt very well on my foot, so I'm probably buying those. Anybody has any experience with those?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nike footwear tends to be quite good if you have wider feet (at least in my experience), as are Asics. Those Gel Solution Speeds look great!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys and gals, couldn't make a new thread for some reason so i have to post here :)

I know nothing about tennis and trying to buy a pair of tennis shoes for my friend who just got into tennis a couple of month ago. Here are the requirements.
Size = 5
Budget = $50-100
Color = pink/red or something flashy.
She plays 1-2 times a week now and about 2-3 hours each time. She has a pair of tennis shoes but always complain that they are ugly (hence the birthday present idea). I found a pair that suits my needs but this pair seems to have some bad reviews. What do you guys think? Would the durability really become an issue since she’s not that much a hardcore player?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Cage_Court_Atomic_Pk_Gy_Atom_Rd/descpageWSNIKE-NWBCAP.html

Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
I have a guy friend who plays tennis too and he thinks Men's Barricades (and the Barricade team -which is the cheaper version of Barricade) are the best tennis shoes. :lol:
Agreed, i have had my pair for years (They are the male version of what Dinara wore :)) and they are comfortable, and durable :)

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Nike Court M6

1 - 20 of 51 Posts