Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennis players (and former tennis players) singing and playing musical instruments
Dayana Yastremska: singing
Garbine Muguruza: electric and acoustic guitar (at studio level), and singing
Caroline Wozniacki: Piano and singing
Aga Radwanska: singing
Carol Zhao: Piano, and acoustic guitar and singing
Kristie Ahn: acoustic guitar and singing
Louisa Chirico: Singing
Marina Erakovic: Electric guitar and singing

These are the tennis players-musicians that I know, are there any others?

Reactions: Veesus Christ

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I can't remember who, unfortunately, but there's a video I saw on here some weeks ago of one of the younger women playing the piano (not Muchova - her's looks more like an electric organ). Whoever it was, they were absolutely amazing. I can't do a search because there wasn't a title - just the player's name, as far as I can recall.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Wozniacki singing is a joke. 99% of the tour could replicate that tragedy/do it better.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Aga can't sing...LOL...neither can Wozniacki...

·
Registered
4,823 Posts

Reactions: Kurmay3Katti

·
Registered
15,565 Posts
Alize Cornet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
34,538 Posts
Zhao

Debut single “I Wish It Would Never Stop Raining” with Jake Beck out everywhere on 6/20! Link in bio to pre-save to Spotify. ALL MY LOVE

I gave this a listen. Carol Zhao does have talent. But objectively I have to say this record does rather sell herself short with it's over polished contemporary production. She ends up sounding rather faceless, which is a shame. But it is hard making an impression in the music industry and the demands to sound contemporary and like everyone else are unfortunately very substantial. The irony is that it is virtually impossible to make a significant impression when you are allowing producers to make your music as generic and commercial sounding as possible. I have high regards for Zhao's musical ability and while this is by all modern standards a perfectly competent and acceptable professional recording, I still believe Zhao is capable of much better than this, and I hope at some point she is given the freedom to prove it, because clearly on this track she wasn't.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts