Tennis Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
713 Posts
TeeRexx said:
In the U.S., at this time, a potential blockbuster case is brewing over the charges of a woman claiming to have been raped by basketball player, Kobe Bryant.

So I wondered, are there statuory rape laws outside of the U.S.?
Anna Kournikova was having sex with 28+ year old men between the ages of 16-18 and no one seemed to car, including her parents.

Kim Clijsters was doing it with Hewitt when she was 17 and not a single protest was brought.

In real life the sex partners of those girls would have been jailed.
Is there a hidden double standard for famous women, in that they are not considered rape victims as other girls in the America?
I am curious to know what is your proof that Anna and Kim were sleeping with their partners at these ages? Were you actually with them at the time? ;)

Ages of consent wildly differ around the world, USA is very very strict I think, most of Europe is 16. I do not see a problem 16 plus. In the UK there have been many cases of underage sex, it goes on all the time. If the girl gets pregnant the bloke is hardly ever jailed or punished in any way. In some cases an older teacher has carried on with an underage student and no action is taken in most of these cases. It's stupid really cos if there are laws then they should really be stuck to.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.