Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly a moth became a little snack for a sweeping , vicious bird...

later during the doubles match featuring Clement , a bird was hit VERY hard by an oncoming ball from a forehand and knocked out.....very stange happenings onthe court! There's nothing in the rule book for such an occurance ,so they had to replay the point......LOL...poor bird was carried off the court and things didn't look too god fo r it!:sad:

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
:eek:

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Oh No!!Poor birdie!!!!:sad:

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
maybe it was the same bird that swooped at the moth...:eek:

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i hope it was that same bird.....lol

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
yeah that was a bit odd that poor bird :sad: atleast it wasn't hurt as bad as the one that was hit by randy johnsons 95 mph fast ball they ended up breaking the birds next ot put it out of its misery :sad:

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
:sad:

I also heard that in some women's tournament a bat was killed from a ball that was hit as a very high lob.

They should do something about it.

I think at Wimbledon they have an eagle or hawk to drive the pigeons and birds away. Which is a good thing. These balls are dangerous! :mad:

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
Yeah I saw the highlights on TV! Poor bird! The guy that hit it knelt beside it and did a little prayer for it, which gave the crowd some light relief.

Somehow I think that bird has eaten its last moth...R.I.P

BTW, if anyone was wondering, it was a little Swallow.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I'd heard that the bird died!:eek: Quite funny i think!

·
63,523 Posts
per4ever said:
I guess Conchita Martinez killed lots of birds then :rolleyes:
LOL! :p

Anyone here remember mixed doubles at the US Open between Jennifer and her brother, Steven against Virginie (Ruano-Pascal) and her partner, I can't remember who was him :eek: - did you saw squirl (spell?) ran across the court? It was so funny! :D

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Tennis getting violent down under....

Happy ending! Apparently the bird didn't die it flew the coop! Also...Monica flapped her wings and disappeared...gone also is little "Tweety bird" Kim....gonzo! Left are the Peacock Martina and USA eagle Jennifer!! May the best "bird"
win!! :rolleyes: :confused:
barmaid:wavey:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
January 24, 2002

BIRD CASUALTY

Low-flying birds are a distraction sometimes on center court, and one of them fell victim to a tennis ball Thursday.

Michael Llodra hit a shot that caught a bird in flight, killing it during a semifinal doubles match.

The chair umpire covered the dead bird with a towel and removed it from court. The point was replayed.

Llodra and Fabrice Santoro beat Julien Boutter and Arnaud Clement 12-10 in the third set.

Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Randy Johnson was the last athlete to hit a bird in a major sports event.

Johnson's pitch hit and killed a dove flying in front of home plate in the Diamondbacks' 10-5 win over the San Francisco Giants in Tucson, Ariz., on March 25 last year.

aw they even did an article on the dead bird .. poor birdy :(

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
at least Llodra and Santoro won it in the end...

i remember watching a clip of the base-ball bird - poor thing really connected with the baseball and you could see a puff of feathers everywhere!!!

:eek: :sad:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts