Quarterfinals: 350
Semifinals: 450
Finals: 600
Champion: 700​

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Wozniak defeat the heat in Brisbane!

Brisbane, AUS: Canadian Aleksandra Wozniak is through to the second round at the first TFT official tournment held in Brisbane. After battling for almost 3 hours in the hot summer of Australia, Wozniak clinched a 7-6 3-6 7-6 victory over sexy russian Maria Kirilenko who made some members of the crowd feeling the heat ever more. The young canadian entered the exhibition event to prepare this tournment 2 weeks ago but she didn't have the results that she hoped for so she was a little nervous about her first match here.

"As I didn't play alot of matches last week I was a bit nervous about this match, it took me a while to get a rythm and keeping it up. I'm glad that after that 2nd set I've been able to hold on and finally win the match."

The Canucks is now supposed to face the crowd favorite, Jelena Dokic, who hasn't showed up yet. Wozniak didn't comment on that possible walkover to the QF because she was rushing to get some treatment to be sure that she'll be ready for her next match tomorrow.

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
:lol: Thanks Vince :hug:

Important: New rule.. One article means you get +1% of stamina. And the one who writes the most articles will get the press award and $50 at the end of the week.

·
Registered
20,889 Posts
Makiri :sad::hug:
Michelle :banana:

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nadia Petrova def. Serena Williams w/o
Laura Granville def. Daniela Hantuchova w/o
Anna Chakvetadze def. Venus Williams w/o
Ana Ivanovic def. Magdalena Rybarikova w/o

Both Williams sisters, Hantuchova and Rybarikova will be retired if they still don't send next week

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Round of 16 DRAW

Karolina Sprem [1] vs Marion Bartoli
Nadia Petrova vs Kimiko Date-Krumm
Gisela Dulko vs Laura Granville
Bethanie Mattek-Sands vs Dinara Safina [4]

Nicole Vaidisova [3] vs Michelle Larcher de Brito
Aleksandra Wozniak vs Jelena Dokic
Jelena Jankovic vs Anna Chakvetadze