Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 857 Posts

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pre-Season Round Robin Exhibition

Welcome to the first tournament of TFT where you can all test out your strategies.

Some things you need to know about this tournament:
- Everyone is playing
- Every player gets $500 and WILL NOT come out of your prize money
- Stamina will be used here but will be reset for the first official TFT tournament
- It is a 6 groups of 5 RR tournament. With the top 2 of each group going on to the knock out draw
- Since there are only 12 players in the knockout draw, 4 LLs will fill up the WC spots :)

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: Tennis Financial Tour [TFT] - Pre-season Exhibition.

Need Points From

Ana Ivanovic [5ean]
Dinara Safina [5ean]
Karolina Sprem [tennisfan_77]
Nicole Vaidisova [tenisfan_77]
Victoria Azarenka [-Calliope-]
Maria Sharapova [-Calliope-]
Serena Williams [dementievavenus]
Venus Williams [dementievavenus]
Jelena Jankovic [Mikey.]
Caroline Wozniacki [Mikey.]
Alize Cornet [vaidisova28]
Tatiana Golovin [vaidisova28]

Dominika Cibulkova [Eduardo Oliveira]
Bethanie Mattek-Sands [domon17th]
Justine Henin [domon17th]
Daniela Hantuchova [Daniela-Is-Mine]
Magdalena Rybarikova [Daniela-Is-Mine]
Michelle Larcher de Brito [No mercy!!!]
Gisela Dulko [No mercy!!!]

Lindsay Davenport [champion88]
Flavia Pennetta [champion88]
Jelena Dokic [TatiNovic]
Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova [TatiNovic]
Aleksandra Wozniak [Vincey!]
Anna Chakvetadze [Vincey!]
Maria Kirilenko [Broseghini]
Nadia Petrova [Broseghini]
Elena Dementieva [heart]
Amelie Mauresmo [heart]
Agnes Szavay [Daszmarelli]
Kim Clijsters [zvonarevarulz]
Laura Granville [zvonarevarulz]
Marion Bartoli [renalicious]
Kimiko Date-Krumm [renalicious]

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

R16 Draw

Ana Ivanovic vs Bethanie Mattek-Sands
Akiko Morigami vs Karolina Sprem

Nicole Vaidisova vs Gisela Dulko
Nadia Petrova vs Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova

Jelena Dokic vs Dinara Safina
Kimiko Date Krumm vs Michelle Larcher de Brito

Maria Kirilenko vs Jelena Jankovic
Anna Chakvetadze vs Maria Sharapova​

·
Registered
18,712 Posts

:bounce:

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I forgot to mention.

In a tourney, you have to use at least 1/5 of your points per set. You can't have 0.

In this instance. You have to have at least 100 in each set.

·
Registered
10,101 Posts

Dokic and Pavlyuchenkova practise hard for their debuts!!

Dokic hits a backhand during practise

Perth, Australia Aussie tennis player Jelena Dokic has been practising hard in Perth, for her debut at an exihibition event at the TFT Tour. And today she practised a lot of her main weaknesses, like backhand and movements!! Jelena, who is the only Aussie at the tour, will begin her 'real' career in Brisbane, being the only home-crowd favourite there, and here's her feelings towards her debuts at the tour!!

"Yeah, it feels great to debut, always!! You know, this is the start of the season, as well as the tour, it definitely is honor to play the first matches of the tour!! And i hope i can do well there as more preparation here definitely can let me find my best gameplan for the upcoming tournaments in Australia!! Where i think the home crowd will be on my side, i definitely won't dissapoint them, as you know, with the fans in the whole stadium supporting you is just great, and i hope i will just be able to find my best gameplan here, and don't let them be dissapointed!"

Pavlyuchenkova at a press conference

Moscow, Russia Meanwhile in Russia, Her coach's another player Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova is also practising hard!! Although she still hasn't gone to Australia to get used the conditions there, Anastaisa has already shown her ambitions about playing well at the exihibition by practising so hard in her hometown!! And we also got her to say her feelings about that!!

"I am feeling very confident right now, as today's practise was going pretty well and i am very satisfied to what i have done in the practise sessions recently!! I still haven't gone to Australia yet, as i really miss my friends and parents in Russia, and i really want to spend more time with them before the season starts, i know i gonna have a long time not seeing them again! I really don't dissapoint them in my debut, and that's why i am practising so hard right now!! I really hope i can get some wins there, and i hope i will also have a fantastic debut season at this great tour!!

They won't know their opponents until tomorrow and play their first matches until Monday!! We hope they will be able to get a good draw and win their debut matches there!!​

·
Martina&Roger <3
7,823 Posts

Go Vika and Masha :bounce:

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Those are the group guys. Sorry my cropping wasn't too good today xD

·
Registered
18,712 Posts

Klina and Nikki are ready for start!

Karolina Sprem and Nicole Vaidisova are ready for TFT start this Monday at Pre-season Exhibition. They both practise hard for their debuts! Nicole is in group 3 with Azarenka, Rybarikova, Larcher de Brito and Dementieva meanwhile Klina is in group 2 with Safina, Henin, Hantuchova and Petrova.

"I'm very happy becsaue it finally starts. I have feeling this will be great tour. I still don't know players, how they are playing and don't know what to expect, but you know, I will try to do my best."

Nicole also agreed as a permanent doubles combination with Victoria Azarenka.
"Yeah, we are great friends, we also trained together and hope we can be dangerous."

"I'm very exicted about start, you know, I was practising very hard and now it's beginig. Even this is an exibithion I will do my best to try find early confidence in my game."

Karolina also agreed about permanent doubles partner. She will play with Maria Sharapova.
"Maria is great, you know, we are playing similar tennis and I'm sure we can make some noise in the doubles tournaments."​

·
Look who's back!
32,304 Posts

Have you PMd people to send points Chris?

·
Registered
20,889 Posts

Sorry Agi here. I saw it just now.

sending points

·
Registered
18,712 Posts

when this starts? :bounce:

·
Registered
17,222 Posts

Advice to the Manager: Chris, if you want to get a popular game where player won't get bored of it after few tourneys, keep it active:p and respect your deathline :angel:...Just thought I would tell you!

·
#claypova
18,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

FYI Vince; I can't start tourneys with only 5 people commited to it. :p

Anyway guys, I'm tired of waiting for points. This exo will start later on when I get back home.

If you haven't sent points, please do and please commit to tournaments and PM me your money distribution. I want this tour to start ASAP

1 - 20 of 857 Posts