Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
31,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TENNIS CHESS NEW RULES

Tennis Chess is a game similar to games you well know Tennis Tipping and Tipping were you have to choose the winners of certain WTA matches in the Order of Play. In Tennis Chess, there is a draw for as many players as in real WTA Tournament (byes can be included if needed)

aaa vs bbb
ccc vs ddd
xxx vs yyy

MAIN RULES

1. POSTING PICKS
You have to post the name of the player, no nicknames. If you don't the pick won't count. In each day of competition you have to post also SRS to every matches. They will be necessary in case of draw.

2. NAMING THE WINNER
The winner is the player who make more right picks in each round than its opponent. If you do it you advance to next round, if not you are out of the tournament. In case of draws we look to Tiebreakers.

3. TIE-BREAKERS

3.1. If there is a draw in 1st round

- The winner is that who gets the most correct SRS.
- If the number of correct SRS are the same the winner is the player who posted his last picks earlier (but if someone edit his pick later is also counting like posting picks)

3.2. In next rounds
- In case of draw not happening in First Round firstly we look back to previous round to emerge a winner:

R2
aaa vs ccc 6-6 -> R1: aaa-9, ccc-11
winner is ccc

- In case of draw in R2 and the same number of right picks in R1 we look to the SRS of that round. The winner is the player who gets the higher number of correct SRS.

- In case the R1 picks are the same and the number of correct SRS are the same there is a time of posted R2 picks deciding.

4. WHY TENNIS CHESS?
The rules seems easy but the game is not that simple like posting tennis players you think will win, because it can give you nothing. And it is the only game you can play live and were you can change your picks. You have to play chess with your opponent, deluding him in order to change your picks in last time to beat him. You are able to change picks for a limited number per round (You can only change your pick for a match once):
1st Round - 4 changes
2nd Round - 3 changes
Quarters - 2 changes
Semis - 1 change
Final - 0 change

You should send all picks from OOP in ONE post before certain time (first match start). Then you are able to change your previous picks by quoting the first post.

5. DOUBLES
Rules are the same and the tiebreakers are the same but since it's doubles and two players are playing we count both players picks to the final score. The rest is the same as singles.

·
31,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Tennis Chess - NEW Rules

This was the results of my meeting with Helena (tennisfan_77).
Please post your suggestions and complains :hug:

·
Registered
8,956 Posts

I like it :)

·
Registered
18,712 Posts

i think rules are more fair to everyone now. and whoever lose now there can't be complain on unclear rules :yeah:

·
31,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

NOTE: Another change on rules everyone must post SRs for every matches. :yeah:

Rules were changed!!!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts

Great job Hela and no mercy! :yeah:

·
31,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think we should change again the ties rule so there won't be any SRs (to similar to TT) and the way to win would depend on the who posts first rule. What do you think?

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
i agree :yeah: but i'm too buisy these days :shrug:

·
Registered
18,712 Posts
i think that people don't care about tc any more :yeah:

·
Registered
13,886 Posts
Yes Nice idea. But if both have picked winners :shrug:
The player who pick earlier in every round, has an advantage, as his opponent can't choose the same x2 player.

The score is tied 4-4:

A Player: Vaidisova x2
B Player: Hantuchova x2

Vaidisova win/lost in 2/3 and Hantuchova win/lost in 2/3 too.
-> Winner is the person who pick the x2 winner who won easily or lost hardly.

ex.

Vaidisova win in 2 and Hantuchova win in 3.
-> A is the winner. (Vaidisova won the match by 2-0 to 2-1)

Vaidisova lost in 2 and Hantuchova lost in 3.
-> B is the winner. (Hantuchova lost the match 1-2 to 0-2)

Tennis Chess players DO NOT NEED to pick sets or games. It's all up to picked WTA Players.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts