Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a Q & A with Steve Bellamy (president of the TC) going on now, so if any of you have any questions for him, or would like to read his responses to the ones posted already, then go to the link below!

http://talk.tennis-warehouse.com/[email protected]^[email protected]

Also, from atptennis.com, here is a list of phone numbers for several different cable companies if anyone is interested in calling them regarding carrying the Tennis Channel! If you live in the USA, I suggest you call your cable company, and it won't hurt to contact Direct TV and Dish Network as pretty much anyone in the USA can get these cable services no matter where you live, and they may be your only hope of getting TTC! Even if you don't use them now, you may find yourself wanting to switch to them if they pick up TTC! Also, Direct TV specifically mentioned that they want to hear from tennis fans and players in order to consider carrying the channel!

Here are some contact numbers for the leading satellite and cable operators:

DirecTV - (800) DirecTV
Dish Network - (800) 333-DISH
Adelphia - (800) Adelphia
Comcast - (800) Comcast
Cablevision - www.cablevision.com
Charter - www.charger.com
Time Warner - www.timewarnercable.com
Cox - www.cox.com
Insight - www.insight-com.com

You can also sign an online petition at www.tennischannelpetition.com

Want More Tennis on TV?
Tell your cable and satellite operators to carry the Tennis Channel.

© Getty Images
Are you a die-hard tennis fan, clammoring for more chances to catch your favorite players in action on television?

Well, the Tennis Channel could be coming your way, serving up matches featuring today's most celebrated players. A wide array of international events will be covered, including the two upcoming Tennis Masters Series events in Rome and Hamburg. Several WTA events also will be featured on the new channel, which debuts May 15 with an audience of 1 million viewers in the United States.

In addition, fans can reminisce about some of the great match-ups of all time through The Tennis Channel's library of classic matches - featuring such legends as Jimmy Connors, John McEnroe, Bjorn Borg, Billie Jean King, Martina Navratilova and Chris Evert. Players of all levels also will benefit from the expert instruction of the world's most celebrated tennis teachers, including Paul Annacone, who coaches Pete Sampras, and Brad Gilbert, who had coached Andre Agassi.

The "Tennis News Daily" show will present live, daily tennis news coverage, with player interviews, up-to-date tournament results and previews of up-coming matches. In "The Player's Lounge," the sport's brightest stars drop by to discuss everything from technique to training and strategy, as well as field calls from viewers. And in "Beyond the Lines," viewers will join players off the court, seeing their grueling training regiments or how they spend their free time at the hottest night spots around the world.

But in order to enjoy this high-quality tennis coverage, fans need to tell their local cable and satellite operators to carry the Tennis Channel.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Can the admins make this a 'sticky' thread?

Also, I would like to reqeust EVERYONE on this board do your neighbord a favour and call/email all the #s/email addresses above and request TTC everyday. I have done so today, and will do so again everyday. So please everyone here needs to get involved, but not only for your cable/dish company. Get the demand going, and maybe someday we'll get more tennis on tv.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
But still call/email all the others please. Tell them that you are a current customer, or are contemplating switching, and want the Tennis Channel. Request they make it available... Do that to all of the outlets provided above. Please please please.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
So does anyone in Atlanta have the Tennis Channel? I ask because if I can get it with satellite tv than I'll be more than happy to drop Comcast cable to get it. And I think that what WE all need to do with our current cable companies, either threaten to leave or leave if they won't provide us with whats important to us and what we want!! Speak up loud and clear with your wallets and purses!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts