Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tennis Channel Issues Programming Schedule

By Tennis Week
04/23/2003

The first shot struck in this weekend's Fed Cup tie between the host United States and Czech Republic marks more than the beginning of the first-round tie — it could signal the start of a new era in tennis television coverage. The Tennis Channel will debut at 1 p.m. on Saturday, April 26th when it telecasts the first match of the Fed Cup tie live.


The tie will be telecast free to any cable system that opts to pick up the 24-hour cable tennis channel. Tennis Channel president and founder Steve Bellamy and CEO David Meister said the Fed Cup telecast will serve as a 19-day sneak preview leading up to the official Tennis Channel launch on Thursday, May 15th at 6 a.m. Eastern time featuring live coverage of the ATP Tour’s Tennis Masters Series Hamburg tournament from Germany.

"We are offering it (the sneak preview) to the entire cable community," Bellamy said. "It's without any obligation. It's our celebratory gift for our launch. It's 19 days of some of the greatest tennis you'll ever see."

The Tennis Channel has issued its programming schedule for the 19-sneak preview. The first three days feature both live and classic Fed Cup matches as well as a Fed Cup documentary special and a Nick Bollettieri instructional show.

Tennis Channel has released its schedule for its sneak preview.

Saturday, April 26th

SIGN ON (All Times Are Eastern)
1:00 p.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass. (LIVE)

4:30 p.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass.
(Repeat from 1:00 p.m.)

8:00 p.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass.
(Repeat from 1:00 p.m.)

11:30 p.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass.
(Repeat from 1:00 p.m.)

3:00 a.m. Fed Cup Classic Match: 2001 Spain vs. Germany — Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario defeated Barbara Rittner (7-5, 6-3)

5:00 a.m. Fed Cup Highlight Show: 1998 – USA vs. Spain


Sunday, April 27th

6:00 a.m. Fed Cup Classic Match: 2001 Russia vs. France — Elena Dementieva defeated Amelie Mauresmo (6-3, 0-6, 6-4)

8:30 a.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass.
(Repeat 4/26)

12:00 p.m. Fed Cup Highlight Show: 1998 — USA vs. Spain

1:00 p.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass. (LIVE)

6:30 p.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass.
(Repeat from 1:00 p.m.)

12:00 a.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass. (Repeat from 1:00 p.m.)

5:30 a.m. Nick Bollettieri’s Right Back Atcha



Monday, April 28th


6:00 a.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass.
(Repeat 4/27)

11:30 a.m. Nick Bollettieri’s Right Back Atcha

12:00 p.m. Fed Cup Highlight Show: 1998 — USA vs. Spain

1:00 p.m. Fed Cup Highlight Show: 1998 — Switzerland vs. France

2:00 p.m. Fed Cup Classic Match: 2001 Russia vs. France — Elena Dementieva defeated Amelie Mauresmo (6-3, 0-6, 6-4)

4:30 p.m. Nick Bollettieri’s Right Back Atcha

5:00 p.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass.
(Repeat 4/26)

8:30 p.m. Fed Cup 2003 First Round: USA vs. Czech Republic from Lowell, Mass.
(Repeat 4/27)

2:00 a.m. Fed Cup Classic Match: 2001 Spain vs. Germany — Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario defeated Barbara Rittner (7-5, 6-3)

4:00 a.m. Fed Cup Highlight Show: 1998 — USA vs. Spain

5:00 a.m. Fed Cup Highlight Show: 1998 – Switzerland vs. France


Gawd Please Please Please let my Cable company get this channel. :sad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,964 Posts
wow cool, I hope i get this! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Keep calling them Selesfan, thats what I'm gonna do. With as much as I pay for cable, I am determined to get these suckers to get this channel in. I'm gonna bug them so much that they will know who I am before I call.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,789 Posts
I need to get this so I can see Arantxa again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,379 Posts
I thought I read somewhere on this board that Comcast NJ would include the Tennis Channel in its line up. I sent them an e-mail about it and this is what I got today :sad: Maybe I just dreamt it :sad:

"Thank you for contacting us through our website. Unfortunately, at this
time, the Tennis Channel is not scheduled to be added in any Comcast area. We certainly apologize for the misinformation you have received.

We will forward your request for the channel to our Marketing Department for
further consideration. You will be notified should we decide to add this
channel to your area's line up. We do look forward to expanding our lineup
in the near future.

The decision to add the Tennis channel or any channel is based on customer
surveys, letters/emails, and phone calls regarding customers' programming
interests, as well as contractual agreements, federal and state legal
requirements, local commitments, cost and the ability to add to the
profitability of the company.

Thank you for providing this information to us. We truly appreciate the
feedback."

:sad:
 

·
Snitch
Joined
·
16,148 Posts
Pinkie said:
I thought I read somewhere on this board that Comcast NJ would include the Tennis Channel in its line up. I sent them an e-mail about it and this is what I got today :sad: Maybe I just dreamt it :sad:

"Thank you for contacting us through our website. Unfortunately, at this
time, the Tennis Channel is not scheduled to be added in any Comcast area. We certainly apologize for the misinformation you have received.

We will forward your request for the channel to our Marketing Department for
further consideration. You will be notified should we decide to add this
channel to your area's line up. We do look forward to expanding our lineup
in the near future.

The decision to add the Tennis channel or any channel is based on customer
surveys, letters/emails, and phone calls regarding customers' programming
interests, as well as contractual agreements, federal and state legal
requirements, local commitments, cost and the ability to add to the
profitability of the company.

Thank you for providing this information to us. We truly appreciate the
feedback."

:sad:
Pinkie,
I made a very early inquiry into the channel and got almost the same reply by mail, but that was months ago. Recently, I called and A SUPERIVISOR told me that she heard about it and that it is one of the channels that they planned on adding to the North Jersey area...I BETTER GET THIS CHANNEL OR THEY CAN TAKE THAT FUCKING GULF BS AND STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE... :fiery: :mad:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pinkie

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,314 Posts
Comcast isn't carrying it??? :fiery::fiery::fiery:

DAMN THEM (of course, there are 4 different ESPNs here in florida :eek:)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
16,998 Posts
I hope my cable company carries this! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,162 Posts
Luci said:
Keep calling them Selesfan, thats what I'm gonna do. With as much as I pay for cable, I am determined to get these suckers to get this channel in. I'm gonna bug them so much that they will know who I am before I call.
Thanks for the advice. I'll get right to it. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,162 Posts
Pinkie said:
I thought I read somewhere on this board that Comcast NJ would include the Tennis Channel in its line up. I sent them an e-mail about it and this is what I got today :sad: Maybe I just dreamt it :sad:

"Thank you for contacting us through our website. Unfortunately, at this
time, the Tennis Channel is not scheduled to be added in any Comcast area. We certainly apologize for the misinformation you have received.

We will forward your request for the channel to our Marketing Department for
further consideration. You will be notified should we decide to add this
channel to your area's line up. We do look forward to expanding our lineup
in the near future.

The decision to add the Tennis channel or any channel is based on customer
surveys, letters/emails, and phone calls regarding customers' programming
interests, as well as contractual agreements, federal and state legal
requirements, local commitments, cost and the ability to add to the
profitability of the company.

Thank you for providing this information to us. We truly appreciate the
feedback."

:sad:
Damn! I have comcast also. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,379 Posts
TopShotta said:
Pinkie,
I made a very early inquiry into the channel and got almost the same reply by mail, but that was months ago. Recently, I called and A SUPERIVISOR told me that she heard about it and that it is one of the channels that they planned on adding to the North Jersey area..
So I sent this follow-up e-mail:

"Thanks for your response. Too bad Comcast isn't adding the Tennis Channel to its line-up. A friend of mine [Topshotta, you didn't know you are my new best friend yet, did you ;) ] had inquired by phone and was told by a Comcast supervisor (not sure in which department) the channel would be added. Guess there was some miscommunication or misunderstanding. If you could forward this inquiry to the department that decides on the line-up, I would appreciate it. I am part of a pretty big online community of tennis fans and we're all hoping to get to watch this channel."

And this is the response I got... :D
"I did refer your request and account information to our Marketing
Department. We have been receiving a rather large request for the channel, so we are looking into it. If I gain any information regarding the status, I will be sure to let you know."

A rather large request... we did our job :D
 

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
Joined
·
9,486 Posts
@ Comcast!

Thanks, guys, for lighting a fire under them. I'm gonna keep calling them here in Florida :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,863 Posts
I wanna it!!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: galadriel
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top