Tennis Forum banner

561 - 571 of 571 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Dude stop taking everything I say out of context and exaggerating and leave me alone lol. Vent your pointless anti-Melbourne sentiment elsewhere lol.

Straight up false. Gladys Berejiklian is not from Victoria.

Yeah you're totally right. Being Victorian gives us a genetic trait that makes us have a double standard. I don't even know what this supposed double standard is meant to be for but yeah sure lol

Looooooooooooooool way to completely misrepresent what I said. I am actually impressed

Ooft thanks yay we humbly accept this honour

We don't care if other states close their borders to us. That's your premier :) We're fine here thanks!

Victorians sacrificed for ourselves, and for the rest of the country. The rest of the country gave us no alternative but to get to zero cases. Otherwise, the entire country would've been screwed; the Victorian economy is way too important to be locked out for years. The entire country could've implemented some restrictions like social distancing, mask usage etc to maintain a lower number of cases, but instead, we in Melbourne had to endure months of the hardest and longest lockdown in the world. I am happy that we did so. Meanwhile, other states got to live as though it was 2019. Why should we be any different when they have outbreaks? I refuse to accept that it is a "double standard" that I had to endure all of that so that Adelaide and Brisbane people could go clubbing, only to have the risk of it coming back in from them. I am interested to know what your definition of "large portion" is, because literally not a single person I know cared about any of the border closures. Again, Gladys Berejiklian is your premier, not mine.

Anti-Melbourne sentiment is highly impolite, but whatever. I can only control my own behaviour, and I choose not to be rude to people based on their place of residence.
This comment must've been edited like 20 times or so. I ain't gonna read it again after this reply to see what else you cram into it.

And just look at that large paragraph where you outline the reasons you don't like the border closures (forced into eliminating the virus and jealousy) and then finish it off claiming not to care about border closures. 🙄

Then claim to not be rude after typing a comment swimming in sassiness. lol lol looooooooool Yes, mine might have been too direct but at least I don't claim to not be rude while typing such a comment. Your self-awareness is non-existent apparently.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I really don't understand the level of aggression to us wanting to secure what we've been through hell for, while other states have basically done nothing since May. We still have mandatory masks in Melbourne even.
Did you even read the comment you replied to? Here I'll quote it for you again:

I never said you shouldn't be allowed to. Just don't complain when other states do it.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
This comment must've been edited like 20 times or so. I ain't gonna read it again after this reply to see what else you cram into it.
Again exaggerating. I edited it twice in a matter of minutes to make it less pointed. Something many of us could learn from.

And just look at that large paragraph where you outline the reasons you don't like the border closures (forced into eliminating the virus and jealousy) and then finish it off claiming not to care about border closures. 🙄
Literally what. The.

Then claim to not be rude after typing a comment swimming in sassiness. lol lol looooooooool Yes, mine might have been too direct but at least I don't claim to not be rude while typing such a comment. Your self-awareness is non-existent apparently.
If you read sassiness in that comment then maybe that's a reflection of how you're communicating, rather than how I am.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Did you even read the comment you replied to? Here I'll quote it for you again:
Did you even read the comment you replied to where that was addressed?

It's getting exhausting at this point. You're out here calling an entire state idiotic, being sarcastic about what's been an extremely difficult year for us, mocking us about being martyrs, exaggerating and whatever else, insulting me for absolutely no reason and then trying to act like we're somehow equal in "sassiness". I am genuinely trying (with difficulty) to respond as politely as possible to what are, frankly, extremely impolite and offensive comments. If you interpret that as sassiness then I really don't know what to tell you.

I have tried multiple times to build a bridge and move on from this in a civil way (despite never receiving an apology, nor firing back myself). Not sure what else can be done. I really don't understand your beef with me (or with my state) and I'm still trying to be polite. Can we just call it quits and move on from this?

Reactions: Daydreamer

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Again exaggerating. I edited it twice in a matter of minutes to make it less pointed. Something many of us could learn from.

Literally what. The.

If you read sassiness in that comment then maybe that's a reflection of how you're communicating, rather than how I am.
I know right lol. I am humbly impressed! loooooooool lol lol Sure ...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Well its now been confirmed that all lead up tournaments will be in Melbourne. As a person living in Melbourne i am happy with this for selfish reasons.

·
Registered
628 Posts
There are only a couple of new cases, stemming from a Defence Force worker who infected a colleague and, somehow, a university student working in a central city shop. It's still unknown how the latter happened, as no direct physical link to, or contact with, each other has been established. Despite that, genomic sequencing of their infections shows no intermediate host, which argues for direct contact of some sort. Best guess appears to be some sort of surface contamination which was picked up, but nobody can establish where that might have occurred. Both people are now in quarantine, and the government doesn't believe any further action is necessary as all their close contacts have returned negative tests to Covid-19.

I think that's just precautionary. The chances of anyone having been in contact with these people, and then travelling to Australia, is miniscule.

Despite what might seem to outsiders as some sort of "lapse," we've had something like FOUR cases in the community from more than 60,000 people through managed isolation, and all have been clamped down immediately. That's a far cry from what happened in Melbourne.

Fingers crossed from this side, too.
I know the Wellington Defence colleague actually. I'm surprised how the virus is still lingering in NZ.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I know the Wellington Defence colleague actually. I'm surprised how the virus is still lingering in NZ.
This is our latest update.

All of those 50 active cases are in quarantine facilities. The five non-imported cases are all part of the Defence Force mini-cluster, but most are getting close to the end of their 14 days in isolation.

This study, released today, gives serious food for thought - not just for us, because it has very significant ramifications for ALL international air travel.

561 - 571 of 571 Posts