Tennis Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Mandy is literally playing until the end of the year before calling it quits for good then. A part of me wouldn’t be surprised if she reversed her decision to retire…
Her oldest daughter is entering school this fall and Mandy always said she doesn't want to be without her children. So she needs to stop travelling. She will only play until the Australian Open.

·
Registered
38,299 Posts
Ok....I get it....but I don't think Elina is hiding behind that shield is she? Sounds pretty thin to me, sounds more like she was hoping for a good result at IW and looking to add some "easier to get points" with lesser competition to qualify for YEC. Now this is perfectly legal....fair enough. But Elina certainly has a reputation for playing in more 250's than any other top 10 player the last several years. Now given the fact she has only played in 4 tournaments in Russia in her career....I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.
Yeah she is. She played Moscow before and said it was awful and she never would again.

·
Registered
38,299 Posts
Did she say what she meant by awful? The surface? The venue? The way she was treated?

It sounds like she's not interested in going back to Russia…

And if she were the vulture that people love to claim she is then obviously she would have played Moscow 500 and then a 250 the following week instead of just Tenerife 250, which means she can't play any the following week.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts