Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
38,299 Posts
I'm actually surprised that any Ukrainians have played in Russia since 2014. The lure of extra roubles must have overcome their distaste for the current political situation.
Or they don't care about the politics…

·
Registered
120 Posts
Qualifying Entries
Seed*NameCurrent RankingEntry Ranking
1Arantxa Rus6969
2Nuria Parrizas Diaz7373
3Greet Minnen7676
4Clara Burel7979
5Anna Karolina Schmiedlova8484
6Danka Kovinic8585
7Rebecca Peterson8686
8Varvara Gracheva8888
9Kaja Juvan9494
10Su-Wei Hsieh9797
11Donna Vekic9999
12Polona Hercog101101
Maryna Zanevska102102
Ana Bogdan107107
Magdalena Frech108108
Nina Stojanovic113113
Xinyu Wang119119
Stefanie Voegele121121
Mona Barthel205101 (SR)
Ivana Jorovic39090 (SR)

Alternates
NameCurrent RankingEntry Ranking
1Dalma Galfi125125
2Jaqueline Cristian126126
3Olga Danilovic127127
4Kristyna Pliskova129129
5Kirsten Flipkens135135
6Irina Khromacheva360137 (SR)
7Ysaline Bonaventure138138
8Anna Bondar146146
9Mandy Minella214147 (SR)
10Mihaela Buzarnescu148148
11Lesley Pattinama Kerkhove149149
12Francesca Jones155155
13Chloe Paquet167167
14Leonie Kung168168
15Rebeka Masarova171171
16Aliona Bolsova179179
17Amandine Hesse180180
18Katie Volynets182182
19Tereza Smitkova255183 (SR)
20Mariam Bolkvadze185185

·
Registered
15,896 Posts
I was wondering, has there been a player with 20+ titles but no slam? Cause Svitty is getting dangerously close to that feat...
Wozniacki had 27 singles titles before AO 2018.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Classic Svitolina.....500 level and 250 level being played the same week.....so the "Human Vulture" opts for the smaller and undoubtedly WEAKER tourney, grabbing the only top 10/20 spot allowed to look for "table scrap" points.:rolleyes: PATHETIC. Do you Svitolina fans know why everyone else can't stand her?.....It's because of this mentality (and defensive "turtle shell" approach to the game), nothing to do with her personality, fitness, or lack of technical skill....which are all top drawer BTW. But I guess she'll be relieved Jessica Pegula won't be there.

People have been going on for months about Andreescu's points not falling away from 2019 Svitolina has benefitted HUGELY from thef rozen covid rankings with her SF points at IW and YEC Finals points from 2019. I believe that's 1900? points falling away real soon? and no one here has said a word about it. I enjoyed watching Pegula dismantle Svitolina today....and I don't mind saying it.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Classic Svitolina.....500 level and 250 level being played the same week.....so the "Human Vulture" opts for the smaller and undoubtedly WEAKER tourney, grabbing the only top 10/20 spot allowed to look for "table scrap" points.:rolleyes: PATHETIC. Do you Svitolina fans know why everyone else can't stand her?.....It's because of this mentality (and defensive "turtle shell" approach to the game), nothing to do with her personality, fitness, or lack of technical skill....which are all top drawer BTW. But I guess she'll be relieved Jessica Pegula won't be there.

People have been going on for months about Andreescu's points not falling away from 2019 Svitolina has benefitted HUGELY from thef rozen covid rankings with her SF points at IW and YEC Finals points from 2019. I believe that's 1900? points falling away real soon? and no one here has said a word about it. I enjoyed watching Pegula dismantle Svitolina today....and I don't mind saying it.
To be fair to Elina as a Ukrainian you can see why she’s entered into a tournament in Spain over Russia

·
Registered
1,354 Posts

At least she might make the YEC, unlike your favorite. Did you not say anything about Andreescu trying to vulture Strasbourg and then pulling out?

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
To be fair to Elina as a Ukrainian you can see why she’s entered into a tournament in Spain over Russia
Ok....I get it....but I don't think Elina is hiding behind that shield is she? Sounds pretty thin to me, sounds more like she was hoping for a good result at IW and looking to add some "easier to get points" with lesser competition to qualify for YEC. Now this is perfectly legal....fair enough. But Elina certainly has a reputation for playing in more 250's than any other top 10 player the last several years. Now given the fact she has only played in 4 tournaments in Russia in her career....I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
At least she might make the YEC, unlike your favorite. Did you not say anything about Andreescu trying to vulture Strasbourg and then pulling out?
Yeah ...I did. Firstly, I was glad she was playing it as she needed the matches, and secondly I was highly pissed at her for pulling out .....for the same reason. Now you really don't want to debate with me here on Svitolina's penchant for playing in many 250's dude. ala the "vulture tag" as you say...trust me. As for her qualifying for YEC....well that's very unlikely now. Max points she can get are 3031. It MAY get her in....but seems highly unlikely. She'll need Barty not to play and a lot of help from several other players not to go past her here at IW, Moscow, or the two remaining 250's as well.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Yeah ...I did. Firstly, I was glad she was playing it as she needed the matches, and secondly I was highly pissed at her for pulling out .....for the same reason. Now you really don't want to debate with me here on Svitolina's penchant for playing in many 250's dude. ala the "vulture tag" as you say...trust me. As for her qualifying for YEC....well that's very unlikely now. Max points she can get are 3031. It MAY get her in....but seems highly unlikely. She'll need Barty not to play and a lot of help from several other players not to go past her here at IW, Moscow, or the two remaining 250's as well.
She plays two a year, which is the max

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
She plays two a year, which is the max
Saying she only plays two per year because the rules prevent her from playing more 250's is not a ringing endorsement there dude. As her year end ranking falls outside the top 20 this year, she will have an opportunity to improve on these totals for sure. Her 2501 points earned this year will place her at around #25 or so in reality, she may stay inside the top 20 with a few more points and a bit of luck. Bianca is sure to fall further, her 1378 points earned so far have her at around #46 or so in reality, so it's virtually impossible she will remain in the top 20 to start 2022. She's playing in Moscow and I would like to see her play at least one of the two remaining 250's for match play......but this is very unlikely. As a fan of Andreescu I don't care where her ranking ends up.....with a full season in 2022 she will be back in the top10....100%. I just want to see her play.

So there's the difference dude....Svitolina plays them to gain maximum available points.......Bianca uses them to gain match play and warm ups for bigger tourneys. Do you ever wonder why Svitolina never does well at the back end of the biggest tourneys?.....It's her mentality, she knows the other girls have better games, she has a weak, defensive minded mentality, so needs every point to protect her ranking, which seems more important to her than winning. Just saying.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts