Tennis Forum banner

121 - 140 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
37,353 Posts
To make the picture whole, it would be helpful to look at those scientists who objected the anthropogenic (i.e. man-made) cause of global warming. Or rather, to check which ones of them got any single dollar in grants/financing from governments and/or government-related entities.

In this world, to make conclusions which contradict the establishment narrative and prevent it from taxing more and controlling other people, means to live a rather miserable life...

P.S. And if you are sincerely interested in the subject from all sides, rather than in following the narrative, it is curious to look at previous scientific attempts to sell fear with climate apocalypse predictions and how they eventually panned out... For instance, there are some curious links in this article:
https://www.theepochtimes.com/dozens-of-failed-climate-predictions-stretch-80-years-back_3096733.html
How are a bunch of predictions from one or two random scientists from several decades ago comparable to the overwhelming scientific consensus as of 2019?

And tbh when one of those sides' only claim to relevance these days is opposing liberalism in just about every aspect (even if that means denying science, trying to sabotage attempts at preventing future global catastrophes and attacking 16-year-old autistic girls) then, quite honestly, expecting anyone to care about what they have to say is just not realistic.

But you know, the more toxic they are, the more pronounced their generational extinction is becoming. So keep at it. :SNE:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson Brands Greta Thunberg A ‘Spoilt Brat’ And Tells Her To ‘Go Back To School’
HuffPost UK Matt Bagwell,HuffPost UK 2 hours 1 minute ago

Jeremy Clarkson has branded climate campaigner Greta Thunberg a ‘spoilt brat’ after she spoke in front of the United Nations earlier this week.

During her impassioned speech about climate change, the 16-year-old accused world leaders of ruining her childhood by forcing her to take on the responsibility of saving the planet, which didn’t go down well with the TV presenter.

In his column in The Sun, the Grand Tour host suggested Greta needs to think about everything that adults have done for her.

“How dare you sail to America on a carbon fibre yacht that you didn’t build which cost £15million, that you didn’t earn, and which has a back-up diesel engine that you didn’t mention,” he writes.

“Pause for a moment to consider how soundly you sleep at night, knowing that adults are building and servicing and flying Sweden’s fighter planes to keep you safe.

“We gave you mobile phones and laptops and the internet. We created the social media you use every day and we run the banks that pay for it all.

“So how dare you stand there and lecture us, you spoilt brat.”

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg takes to the podium to address young activists and their supporters during the rally for action on climate change in Montreal, Canada. Hundreds of thousands of people are expected to take part in what could be the city's largest climate march.
Clarkson goes on to acknowledge that the planet is heating up and something needs to be done before we are all faced with an “unimaginable refugee crisis” but suggests Greta should perhaps “get back to school as quickly as possible and work hard in your science lectures”.

He adds: “Science is what will solve the problem eventually. Not scowling and having screaming ab-dabs every five minutes.

“Many thousands of people who you had the temerity to blame this week are trying to do exactly what you want.

“So be a good girl, shut up and let them get on with it.”

___

don't agree with telling her to shut up but apart from that, spot on.

·
Registered
37,353 Posts
“Science is what will solve the problem eventually."

Yeah, that's totally what scientists are saying. Not.

And he's one to talk about being spoilt and entitled when he's not even gonna be around to suffer the consequences.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
In other words, you don't know. Pastors write their sermons down and refer to them from the pulpit every Sunday. Try again.
Refer to the video posted on page 5. Without a script she cannot even answer the most idiotic questions (like, what's your message lol).

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,377 Posts
Brαm;81888315 said:
What? A 60 year-old white male tells her to shut up? :SNE:
He's earned his right to speak. Unless you want to enforce a censorship on every 60-year old males because why?

Meanwhile Thunberg has earned nothing in her life so far. She hasn't even graduated from school yet :lol: However she feels entitled to give other people orders? Nonsense.

·
Registered
38,844 Posts
Refer to the video posted on page 5. Without a script she cannot even answer the most idiotic questions (like, what's your message lol).
So what? Despite all her challenges her message has come through loud and clear.

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,377 Posts
So what? Despite all her challenges her message has come through loud and clear.
It has little staying power IMO. In 10 years time she'll be in these "Where are they now" trivias :lol:

·
Registered
38,844 Posts
It has little staying power IMO. In 10 years time she'll be in these "Where are they now" trivias
10 years sounds extremely good. :shrug: But it's the message that matters, not her.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
He's earned his right to speak. Unless you want to enforce a censorship on every 60-year old males because why?

Meanwhile Thunberg has earned nothing in her life so far. She hasn't even graduated from school yet :lol: However she feels entitled to give other people orders? Nonsense.
No one needs to earn the right to speak. Freedom of speech works both ways, not only when you agree with what's being said you snowflake. Unless you want to enforce a censorship on everyone because why?

Honestly CLarkson says a bunch of nonsense based on nothing when it comes to those topics. At least he's honest when he said

"I don't believe what I write, any more than you [Alastair Campbell] believe what you say"

And well, he was actually expelled from school, you know.

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,377 Posts
No one needs to earn the right to speak. Freedom of speech works both ways, not only when you agree with what's being said you snowflake. Unless you want to enforce a censorship on everyone because why?

Honestly CLarkson says a bunch of nonsense based on nothing when it comes to those topics. At least he's honest when he said

"I don't believe what I write, any more than you [Alastair Campbell] believe what you say"

And well, he was actually expelled from school, you know.
Real life ain't Ender's Game :lol: Teenagers do NOT rule the world. Whoever funded the 15m dollar yacht voyage must be laughing his ass off now.

Like I read the other day, if some adult said what Thunberg said NOBODY would listen. It only gets attention because she's 16 year old. But she remains a puppet manipulated by adults. Ecology means big money. It's not about saving Earth or some BS like that. Replacing crude oil with wind farms or whatever is HUGE money on the line here. Good luck in running OPEC out of business :haha:

10 years sounds extremely good. :shrug: But it's the message that matters, not her.
We live in a short attention span society these days. You'd need like 20 more of these teenagers taking yatcht trips every year for the message to stick :lol:

·
Registered
38,844 Posts
-snip-

We live in a short attention span society these days. You'd need like 20 more of these teenagers taking yatcht trips every year for the message to stick :lol:
We must if you think she's the only one with that message. :help:

S/N: The nervous laughter you often end your posts with only serves to reveal just how insecure you are. Why not just stop with the :bs:?

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,377 Posts
We must if you think she's the only one with that message. :help:

S/N: The nervous laughter you often end your posts with only serves to reveal just how insecure you are. Why not just stop with the :bs:?
Well, if Thunberg gets her own thread on a tennis forum and people call her Teen Queen I don't get where the others preaching the message are? If that 15m yacht had a diesel engine it's just a massive fraud all around.

I'm gonna post as much emojis as I like. You can't stop me from doing it :p

You're the one being insecure based on your spamming in the Race-Relations thread. All you got is 'projecting' & "whitesplaning' :lol: Rinse & repeat. It's almost a shame Thunberg isn't black since now you have to stand up for white people which isn't your forte at all :wavey:

·
La nuit je mens
86,907 Posts
At least all the males running the world have something else to do instead of NOT saving the planet. Bullying a 16yo girl.

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,377 Posts
At least all the males running the world have something else to do instead of NOT saving the planet. Bullying a 16yo girl.
That's the whole point. Thunberg puppet masters believe the rich males will be scared to attack this girl. Oh, boy! They have no idea how real money runs in this world (or they know but want to buy a political stock anyway). Either way Thunberg is the one getting used here big time.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Real life ain't Ender's Game :lol: Teenagers do NOT rule the world. Whoever funded the 15m dollar yacht voyage must be laughing his ass off now.

Like I read the other day, if some adult said what Thunberg said NOBODY would listen. It only gets attention because she's 16 year old. But she remains a puppet manipulated by adults. Ecology means big money. It's not about saving Earth or some BS like that. Replacing crude oil with wind farms or whatever is HUGE money on the line here. Good luck in running OPEC out of business :haha:
So you are saying that people are only listening to her message because she's a teen? Well, then we should be thankful to her, as her message is very important. And it says a lot about our society, that we need a 16 year old for people to hear science. We shouldn't need her, but apparently, we do.

It's obvious that we need money to be able to change our model to something more sustainable. So what? The necessity is still there. We need money for basically everything nowadays.

Climate change is a real threat, and some people are trying to do something about it. Instead of posting stupid and foolish generic clichés that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, you should start informing yourself more with reliable sources.

·
Registered
38,844 Posts
Well, if Thunberg gets her own thread on a tennis forum and people call her Teen Queen I don't get where the others preaching the message are? If that 15m yacht had a diesel engine it's just a massive fraud all around.

I'm gonna post as much emojis as I like. You can't stop me from doing it :p
I couldn't care less. I was just trying to help you out, because you're obviously coming across quite differently than you think you are.

You're the one being insecure based on your spamming in the Race-Relations thread. All you got is 'projecting' & "whitesplaning' :lol: Rinse & repeat.
Well, if you white supremacists would get more creative with your racism I might have to dig a bit deeper to challenge you, but as it stands now you're all a bunch of Mynah Birds chirping the same old worn out diatribes. So... :shrug:

It's almost a shame Thunberg isn't black since now you have to stand up for white people which isn't your forte at all :wavey:
Aww, look who's playing the race-card. You just can't help yourself, can you? :|

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,377 Posts
So you are saying that people are only listening to her message because she's a teen? Well, then we should be thankful to her, as her message is very important. And it says a lot about our society, that we need a 16 year old for people to hear science. We shouldn't need her, but apparently, we do.

It's obvious that we need money to be able to change our model to something more sustainable. So what? The necessity is still there. We need money for basically everything nowadays.

Climate change is a real threat, and some people are trying to do something about it. Instead of posting stupid and foolish generic clichés that add absolutely nothing to the discussion, you should start informing yourself more with reliable sources.
Thunberg's message has been preached for ages already. Can't reinvent the wheel there. Just because a 16yo girl says this, it doesn't make it's brand new (where's the Phoebe gif from Friends?). It's a BRAND NEW INFORMATION!!! The only new thing here is the way the message is preached. Eco-maniacs hope to provide a spark and suddenly she's a Nobel Prize favorite too. Yeah, same old eco-crap wrapped in a new shiny paper called Greta Thunberg.

The so-called Western world is set up financially well above average so the politicians need the ideological spark to get the motor running. Hello climate change as the new agenda to gain political power! :cheer: Obviously USA, China & India don't give a flying fuck.

I couldn't care less. I was just trying to help you out, because you're obviously coming across quite differently than you think you are.

Well, if you white supremacists would get more creative with your racism I might have to dig a bit deeper to challenge you, but as it stands now you're all a bunch of Mynah Birds chirping the same old worn out diatribes. So... :shrug:

Aww, look who's playing the race-card. You just can't help yourself, can you? :|
I don't need your help. Save your effort for the Race-Relations thread :lol: You're just a bonafide spammer all around. All smoke, no fire :cheer:

121 - 140 of 237 Posts