Tennis Forum banner

221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
10,283 Posts
I know there are pics of Greta smiling, rare as they are :eek:h:. I wish someone would work off one of those. 90% of depictions of Greta she looks sullen and creepy like those twin girls in The Shining. If you're really going to use her image to propagandize, why not make it a nice image? :shrug:
OMG, you are right with that. :SNE:

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,368 Posts
I know there are pics of Greta smiling, rare as they are :eek:h:. I wish someone would work off one of those. 90% of depictions of Greta she looks sullen and creepy like those twin girls in The Shining. If you're really going to use her image to propagandize, why not make it a nice image? :shrug:
It would jeopardize the alleged authenticity of her message. Obviously she's a puppet but she tries to sell herself as the "voice of the people". Teenagers don't use a PR speciallist to prove their under no influence of the adults because it actually proves the opposite. It would wreck her message - or anyone who wants to use her image. The sailing boat campaign was a fraud already given the spare engine installed, does she need more controversy anymore? :p

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Blast from the past:

I browsed through my CD collection and saw this ad in the booklet of the Mark Whitfield album "The Marksman".

"We only have 10 years to save the planet. It starts with you and it's easy"

That was in ... 1990 :)

Attachments

·
GIMME SHELTER
47,996 Posts
welcome back Greta !

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
She's doing amazing!!! All the haters here are above 40 years of age :lol:
Because 40year olds remember the global warming scare with similar fixed speeches made from clueless young girls back in the 90s. If you are a bit older you can remember the "world is freezing scare". Her handlers and parents are awful people and that girl is not qualified to discuss a complex issue as such.

·
La nuit je mens
86,899 Posts
Because 40year olds remember the global warming scare with similar fixed speeches made from clueless young girls back in the 90s. If you are a bit older you can remember the "world is freezing scare". Her handlers and parents are awful people and that girl is not qualified to discuss a complex issue as such.
The world is in this dire state exactly because those girls from the 90s have been ignored and forgotten.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I'm 51 yours old and I don't remember "new ice age" as a serious societal discussion. It was more of a fringe science theory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

On the other hand, I remember this:

- There was a massively discussed "scare" about dying trees in Europe in the 1980's ("Waldsterben" in german). This was fought by reducing the sulfur dioxide emissions by coal plants. But there may have been other causes, and it isn't over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_dieback

Around the same time, catalytic converters were made mandatory for new cars. There was massive opposition from the car industry and part of the consumers who thought filtering emissions was unnecessary, which would seem insane from today's perspective.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalytic_converter

- In the 1980's, there was also a public scare about the depletion of the ozon layer. This development with massive consequences for humanity was successfully contained by banning the emission of chlorofluorocarbons worldwide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_depletion

So these were public scares that were productive, because they lead to necessary changes in cutting air pollution. With global warming due to CO2 emissions, it would need the same change of attitude.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
I'm 51 yours old and I don't remember "new ice age" as a serious societal discussion. It was more of a fringe science theory:
The fact of the matter is that scared tactics are used historically to control and manipulate the masses. That does not mean that climate change is not real but when the world and media gives empaphis to the words of an undecuated, arrogant, spoiled and entitled angry teenage highschool dropout instead of focusing on the hard evidence and actual scientists, then you can be positively accurate that the girl is clearly used to manipulate the public's consesus on a complicated matter by just appealing to the emotion of the people. A girl screaming that the world is gonna end when she doesn't know what she is talking about inspires people. A girl saying that we stole her childhood when she decided to skip school (yets claims that she knows exactly what should be done) travels the world, meet world leaders and even affect policies is inspiring people and it just creates more climate zealots. No one from the people that don't buy to this climate change hysteria want to pollute and we all want a better environment for us and our children, but you just cannot argue with fanatics and find solutions, and that is just what Greta and the media are creating, climate change fanatics that you just cannot argue with.

·
Registered
37,343 Posts
The fact of the matter is that scared tactics are used historically to control and manipulate the masses. That does not mean that climate change is not real but when the world and media gives empaphis to the words of an undecuated, arrogant, spoiled and entitled angry teenage highschool dropout instead of focusing on the hard evidence and actual scientists, then you can be positively accurate that the girl is clearly used to manipulate the public's consesus on a complicated matter by just appealing to the emotion of the people. A girl screaming that the world is gonna end when she doesn't know what she is talking about inspires people. A girl saying that we stole her childhood when she decided to skip school (yets claims that she knows exactly what should be done) travels the world, meet world leaders and even affect policies is inspiring people and it just creates more climate zealots. No one from the people that don't buy to this climate change hysteria want to pollute and we all want a better environment for us and our children, but you just cannot argue with fanatics and find solutions, and that is just what Greta and the media are creating, climate change fanatics that you just cannot argue with.
Is she saying something that differs from the actual consensus from climate scientists?

The hard evidence and actual scientists are just not exciting/entertaining enough for most people, it seems. So, if by spicing up their message she's making people listen to it, then I think that's fantastic.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Is she saying something that differs from the actual consensus from climate scientists?

The hard evidence and actual scientists are just not exciting/entertaining enough for most people, it seems. So, if by spicing up their message she's making people listen to it, then I think that's fantastic.

221 - 235 of 235 Posts