1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
81,373 Posts
I really hate her.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
We should focus on the message, not on the messenger. Yeah, her speech was cringe, but that's not the main point. The point is that Climate Change is the most serious issue that humanity is facing right now and need to be seen as such, it needs attention. It doesn't matter if you find her boring and awkward. But I guess some will try to deflect by shitting on an autistic 16 year old, who is at least trying to bring important matters to the table.

·
Registered
27,289 Posts
I’m not sure an asperger 16 year old child is the right messenger. The dramatics don’t help either.
Her parents (and other people and lobbies) are exploiting her and it’s too much weight to carry for such a young person :tape:
If we were worried in GM about Cory Gauff media overexposition, imagine this girl.

·
Registered
27,289 Posts
She's doing amazing!!! All the haters here are above 40 years of age :lol:
“You are a hater and you are old!” :rolleyes: I’m flooded at the quality of the arguments.
This has the same nuance than her last speech. Over-the-topness will never work.

I used to support and sympathize with her but she’s losing it, as many metheorologists and climate experts think.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I thought she was 11yo or something. But being 16, she is old enough to start being conscious of the world she lives in and fight for causes she thinks are important. I wish we had more self-aware teens like her. And yes, a bit too theatrical, but she still has valid points and we should all listen. At least she is being a breath of fresh air in the news instead of just politicians saying the same things over and over again while no one cares or pays attention.

·
Registered
81,373 Posts
She's doing amazing!!! All the haters here are above 40 years of age :lol:
Because of the older generation this poor bored is able and have the time and the money to do what she do..

·
Adrenaline junkie
22,820 Posts
Plus they have grown skepticism about media and critic spirit with the years/experience lived so they are more prone to question things.
They are the first generation of kids, who grew up without reading a book. They are the first generation of kids who grew up being provided more or less whatever they want. They are the first generation of kids who grew up playing online rather than pn the streets of their towns. They never developed independent thinking, and how would they. They never developed immunity to manipulation and brainwashing. And that's what is happening here. Older generations were more mature and had responsibilities at 12 than these guys at 18. But it's older generations who produced them too. So, it's a fair result.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
I hope as true activist Greta reached New York by canoe. Not like those old bigots by plane.

1 - 20 of 232 Posts