Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1615 Posts

·
Registered
43,617 Posts
She just won! 7-6, 6-4! Into the final!!!! Omg yes :) I've been following her results ever since I first heard about her at the USO last year in qualies. I watched her play a little bit against Coco at the AO WC playoff and I was pretty impressed. Yeah she wasn't too consistent, but she still hit a big ball and she definitely has a lot of potential. Only 15! :bounce: It will be a tough final if she plays Yulia :scared:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I'm really really happy for Taylor even though I'm much more of a Krista fan. :)

She's really made strides in her game and it's so nice to see her progress.

But a part of me wonders how her BFF Gabrielle Andrews feels. Before USO qualies, it was pretty common that people put Andrews over Taylor...

·
Registered
43,617 Posts
I just looked at the draw and noticed this: If Taylor wins she will give her "BFF" Gabby the wooden spoon award! :hysteric:

Andrews lost to Doroshina
Doroshina lost to Cadar
Cadar lost to Ozaki
Ozaki lost to Bouchard
Bouchard lost to Putintseva
Putintesva vs. Townsend

·
Registered
8,016 Posts
Congrats on winning the girls doubles title, and good luck in the singles final!!! :D

But, i just randomly thought of something, having noticed Taylor & Gabby play alot of doubles together, and rather successfully for being only 15. What if they continue playing doubles together, and do so on the pro circuit as well? I know doubles team are always switching things up all the time, but has a doubles team played regularly in the juniors, and transitioned into a successful pro team?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Does anyone know more about how Taylor plays? She looks like she is probably a huge hitter....but I don't know too much! I wonder what her Jr. Ranking will be after this tournament.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Taylor is a lefty with a decent serve but the most impressive part of her game is her net skills and touch. Groundies are good as well. She reminds me a bit of Donald Young, not sure if that's a good thing or not.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know more about how Taylor plays? She looks like she is probably a huge hitter....but I don't know too much! I wonder what her Jr. Ranking will be after this tournament.
Never seen her play, but according to reports she's more like kimiko date krumm rather than a kleybanova.
And that's a good thing imo. It's the fact that she is atypical which is why, imo, the juniors struggle against her and why I believe she will have a good pro career.

·
Registered
11,042 Posts
Really love her game... it is so mature for a 15 year old. Great serve, powerful groundies, and actually looks to attack the net. That last part especially was something so interesting and refreshing to see in a young junior.

If she works on the fitness, she really has the potential to make it.

·
Premium Member
170,109 Posts
:woohoo: Very impressive for a 15 year old :D:bounce:

I was a bit disappointed that TTC didn't air the final live since it was on Laver. They instead showed repeats of the men's semis for the 100th time :p

Anyways congrats to Taylor for sweeping the Aussie Junior Titles :worship:

1 - 20 of 1615 Posts