·
Registered
10,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:

http://instagr.am/p/B4ceXJ6AgTm/

:eek::eek::eek:

tay_taytownsend
If you know me, then you know that this is NOT something that I would normally do, but I feel that it’s time to set the record straight about Chicago’s Kamau Murray of XS Tennis Academy. I can no longer remain silent while he continues to deceive professional players, aspiring players, sponsors, and the tennis community by misrepresenting himself and taking credit for things he has not done. @monicaace93 is a recent victim of his deception. I started my tennis with Donald Young SR. and Illona Young, who taught me to play tennis from 4 years old and assisted in me being number 1 in junior in the world. From 2010- August 2013, I trained at the USTA under the instruction of Kathy Rinaldi and briefly Juan Todero. Zina Garrison was my primary coach from September 2013- March 2015. Zina brought Kamau on board as an assistant coach during that time. I did not to go public in the past because I had hoped to resolve this matter directly with Kamau Murray. I will no longer remain silent while he continues his lies and false advertisement. I did not give Kamau consent to use my name and likeness for his ongoing personal and business monetary gain. Kamau is currently stating that he is my coach in promotion of the upcoming USPTA Illinois Mini Conference on November 17, 2019 held at XS Athletic Club. His latest actions have prompted me to expose his past and ongoing pattern of deceit. If you are a fan of mine, please support me and have my back regarding this matter. In doing this, I am clearing my conscience and telling another piece of my story! Thank you so much! I love you guys! 💕

·
Registered
16,191 Posts
Kamau was your coach. The rest is pure semantic. Even if he was assistant coach.. big deal ...
I saw him coach you at an exhibition match in Chicago, organized by a Serbian Radio Station in Chicago. You were playing Jelena Jankovic.
We've seen him coach you everywhere. Now that you got your first big check at the US Open, you want to trash him.
Have some respect !!!!

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Good on Taylor. Kamau did Puig absolutely DUTTY, one of the lowest things that happened in tennis this year. Not surprising that it's obviously part of a long-standing pattern.

Gauff the first to back Townsend up so obviously the tennis community is talking. Great to see them standing up for Puig.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I don't know. This is awkward, especially because I always thought that Sloane and her were close. As for Kamau, no idea what to think.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Several deleted posts?

Him calling his seminar "Dealing with Pros" sounds a bit negative, like he's having to deal with problematic characters. Maybe he will talk about how he's dealing with Sloane's tanking? I see on TT's wiki page he gets credit for her junior days as well "2005-". He probably lied about this in previous interviews?

·
Registered
37,342 Posts
Guess that settles it, he's full of shit.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Kamau was your coach. The rest is pure semantic.
I saw him coaching you at an exhibition match in Chicago, organized by a Serbian Radio Station in Chicago. You were playing Jelena Jankovic.
We've seen him coach you everywhere. Now that you got your first big check at the US Open, you want to trash him.
Have some respect !!!!
The exhibition was in 12/2014, so right when she said he was an assistant coach of Garrison. Makes sense that she wouldn't have her real coach at an exho.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Tay really seems like she's a candid and honest person, while this guy has always come off as kind of a phony self-promoter... i believe her.

·
Registered
17,878 Posts
I was such a big fan of Murray's until we all saw the totally classless way he dumped Puig. Even then I was somewhat willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of my previous crush on him :lol: , but now .... well, we'll see what happens next.

·
Registered
751 Posts

·
Registered
30,760 Posts
I'm confused what the big issue is? He claims to be her coach when he is in fact her former coach? If she's that ready to throw him under the bus then it sounds probable that he is in it for himself and maybe pretty slippery, but this is hardly anything scandalous?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Gauff is a kid who seems to be a nice girl and she got involved in supporting such a polemic post, so there's probably something rotten in the kingdom of Denmark

Murray has past suspicious incidents with his horrible treatment of Monica. So I'm believing more in Taylor, who despite her laziness, always seemed a good girl.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts