Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some pics of taylor dent and was wondering if he was part aborignal? his features seem somewhat aborignal to me.:wavey:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Dent Looks Aboriginal.

cybelledarkholmexx. I've been thinking and saying Dent is of Aboriginal ancestry since the day I laid eyes on him. He looks very Aboriginal. Think he may be ashamed of it???

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I work with a lot of Aborigines and I don't really see it, nor am I aware of any aboriginal ancestry on his father's side (and I think his mother's American, though I might well be wrong).

However, it's quite possible. Many Australians who had a small amount of aboriginal ancestry either did not know it or did not mention it until recent years. This is the main reason why the number of people claiming aboriginal descent in the census appears to have "jumped" from less than 1% of the Aus population to over 2% in only 10 years!! Now it is considered quite prestigious in many circles to eek out that aboriginal ancestor even if you have no links to the community as such ... a nice change I think!

·
Banned
692 Posts
Is he Part Aussie Lol i didint no that. Is he? Anyone answer
?

·
63,712 Posts
He's half an Australian and half an American.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
[trying not to laugh at kindanice :eek: ]

His dad was an Australian pro tennis player and played Davis Cup for Australia. Hence the ongoing "Australia rejects Dent"; "No, Dent rejects Australia"; "No, wait a minute, Dent rejects USA (after accepting their funding)" debate. Yawn.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
LOL. I thought he looked a little different to his parents, but it never occurred to me that he might be part-Aboriginal. I assumed that the most likely scenario was that he was adopted. Maybe not.

About the possibility of him being Aboriginal... Maybe, but who knows? :confused:

Or maybe his mother simply forgot to tell her husband about that little pre-marital affair she had a few days before getting hitched. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts