Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Cirstea won here 11 years ago, her first and only title still, so it would be fitting if she won her second here again, although this really was as far as draws go one of the worst WTA tournaments of the year. I mean has she beaten anyone but players she should have (ranked lower than her, and she was 90 something when this started) to get to the final? I don't think so. She was always a talented player on the brink of breaking out multiple times, but there was always something between her ears stopping her.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I have my doubts about that. :)
She had just turned 17 when she played her first WTA final back in 2007, won her first title at 18 and was in a Grand Slam quarterfinal at 19, so yeah, she had plenty of talent, no need to be a hater, despite the fact that she often deserves that hate, doesn't mean you need to bring her accomplishments down. At the end of 2009 if you had asked people which of the current teens would have been the stars of the next decade, she would have made that list, top 5 easy. But she never got there, played another final in 2013, Rogers Cup (lost to Serena) and that was it. This is only her 4th WTA final, which is wild considering she's been around so long.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
no need to be a hater
You got hate from my post? :) I'm more like between neutral and like for Sorana. She's the poster child for unidimensional play. Not the smartest on court either. Also plagued by injuries and bad management of those. She should have had surgery fast at her shoulder but she was too scared. The fact she has just one title and Begu has 4, Niculescu also 4, even Dulgheru has 2...
So what do you say? Does she beat AVU tomorrow? I say she doesn't but I wait to be pleasantly surprised!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Great run from Sorana but I think she won't win tommorow

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Yea we know. Tennis and talent are things that —in the eyes of you Halapeños— did not exist on planet earth before 2013.
Oh man, on a Sorana thread! This is funny, gotta say. I love the "we" and also the fact that you think you know everything about every Halep fan!

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'd be very happy if Sorana can win this tomorrow, but AVU will be a lot tougher than her previous opponents here.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts