Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was a great match! Sorana was fighting really hard to get the break back in the final set, but it just was not meant to be. :hug: 4th career title for Alison and no one has ever managed to win this title twice in its existence!

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
Van Uytvanck becomes worse and worse with her on court behavior. Makes it really hard to like her.

·
Registered
87,444 Posts
Van Uytvanck becomes worse and worse with her on court behavior. Makes it really hard to like her.
:worship:

I never liked her and every time I saw her its getting more horrible.

Reactions: Phil=) and Siegerin

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
And it's the end of the last relevant grand slam.
Farewell to local wild cards who have always presented wins to poor slumping ones and the mystique chair umpire Dedusheva and carelessly divided 3 courts and all the rest.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
What a shame for Sori. AVU has terrible attitude on court...

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
dang, only just missed having double Alison titlists this week. Can't think of the last time when 2 players with the same name won concurrent WTA tournies.

·
Registered
932 Posts
oh no Sori :( and brat won Tashkent-Slam. van Uytvanck and Putintseva arethe rudest players in the WTA tour. Putintseva is at least funny

·
Registered
15,871 Posts
Alison’s first outdoors WTA title.

Farewell to Tashkent - thank you for 20 years of memories. I can remember following the inaugural edition back in 1999; Anna Smashnova defeating Laurence Courtois in the final, one week after Graf lifted a grandslam trophy for the last time following that infamous final win over Hingis at the FO.

I was so intrigued that Uzbekistan was hosting a WTA title and it had a good innings. Lasted much longer than tournaments we have seen come and go over the last 2 decades.

It got a lot of hate, but also a lot of love.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Great match! That second game in the third set was crucial for her.
Lasted like 12 minutes and Sorana had like 5 BP's or something!

Ali :hearts: 4th title in 4 finals! :worship:
:wavey: haters

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Really fantastic match, glad Tashkent got a contest like this to see it off in style.

Van Uytvanck's game is so fantastic to watch when she's on, taking the ball early, really driving that FH and coming up with all the fun finesse shots as well. Some of those dropshots were ridiculous.

Cirstea was kinda lucky to be in the final and still a fairly one-dimensional player but she played as well as I've ever seen, and competed really well too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts