Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
MA5HA
33,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MOSCOW, April 15 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's injury-hit Maria Sharapova is gearing up to play in the upcoming French Open, the head of the Russian tennis federation, Shamil Tarpishchev said on Wednesday.

"I spoke with her father the day before yesterday and he told me that she is training seriously for Roland Garros," Tarpishchev told journalists.

The former-world number one has been plagued by a shoulder injury that has left her unable to compete since August last year.

Sharapova has tumbled to 53rd place in the women's tennis rankings since undergoing surgery in October.

"She is getting ready to play a couple of tournaments before the French Open," Tarpishchev said, adding "Maria is now back to full training. We can only hope that she does well."

The French Open is due to take place in Paris from May 24 until June 7.

http://en.rian.ru/sports/20090415/121144348.html

·
Registered
114,721 Posts
Maria is keeping busy

Matthew Stafford is getting around these days.

Stafford’s on the cover of the latest Sporting News and was out in California recently on another trip for an ESPN The Magazine photo shoot.

“He flew out to L.A. and Maria Sharapova is giving him a makeover for ESPN The Magazine,” Georgia receiver Kris Durham, good friends with Stafford, said last week. “That’s the only thing he’s told me about.”

A publicist for the magazine confirmed that Sharapova, a past Wimbledon and U.S. Open champion, is the guest editor for the magazine’s June 19 athlete issue and Stafford is in it.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Hope Maria surprises me and play Rome as expected:)

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Id like to see her in some of the big clay court events leading up to RG. It might help relieve the pressure ;)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
if she wins RG, i would be :eek::eek::eek: but also :):):worship:

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,931 Posts
can't wait :awww:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Too bad that's not going to happen :awww:
ٌWhy not? who knows what will happen in the future?? :lol::hearts:

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
She still wants the career GS :yeah:
Well, with Henin gone... anyways she most likely won't win it this year, but maybe in a few years who knows, right?

·
Registered
32,951 Posts
Hopefully not.....

I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't miss her.

Reactions: frenchie

·
Registered
29,563 Posts
Ecstatic that she is training hard. But I think post RG is a more realistic goal. I want her to be healthy as opposed to rushing back.

·
Registered
29,563 Posts
iSzávay.;15427680 said:
Hopefully not.....

I think I'm in the minority here, but I don't miss her.
Well she is and she will cain Agis ass anyday

1 - 20 of 68 Posts