Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listening to the post-match interview, Tanasugarn has Cappy beat on the number of "you knows" she said. This is why I paste interviews into Word and then run a macro to get rid of all the "you knows" so I can read the interview without cringing. Please don't mention that English isn't Tami's first language because she sounded like a Valley Girl.

· Don't mess with Texas!
4,900 Posts
Who gives a shit? The only sad thing is that is bothers you so much. Like you know....

· Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,887 Posts
V.Melb said:
English isn't her first language.
well english was her first language along with her native language they said she lived in the US til the age of five then moved to Thailand. However, English probably isn't the language she speaks the most and in an excited moment might have been at a loss for the perfect words. I think like you know that might have been the reason for all her "you knows". You Know? :)

· Banned
177 Posts
Rocketta said:
well english was her first language along with her native language they said she lived in the US til the age of five then moved to Thailand. However, English probably isn't the language she speaks the most and in an excited moment might have been at a loss for the perfect words. I think like you know that might have been the reason for all her "you knows". You Know? :)
I thought they said that she was living here from the age of Five.

· Registered
297 Posts
You know, who really cares? I mean, you know, she has a cute voice and you know, she has played a great match... and you know, the most important thing for her is being through to the 4th round of a Grand Slam, you know, her first 4th round appearance in US Open... and you know, her next opponent is Amelie Mauresmo, you know, the player that she beated in Wimbledon two years ago... so you know, Tamarine may have a chance to score another upset victory.... but you know, Amelie is playing some good tennis at the moment, so you know... all the best and good luck to Tamarine!!! ;)

· Registered
10,975 Posts
"you know" and "like" is a serious problem amongst young girls in the us and people who arent constantly speaking english elsewhere. its a hard habit to break too

also, she was prolly excited, wouldnt you be?
its easy for us to sit here, type away and criticize, but having mics shoved in your face, youd prolly be fucking up on your perfect language as well.

anyway, its a sport, not a fucking debate at oxford.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.