Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Did you see Tamaryn beat a top 70 ITF player in Morroco (level 3) and she is only 13.............. she never dropped a set.

I believe that Nick Bollettieri saw her play 4 years ago and took her on as his protege.

Can she go wrong????

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really hope that she does stay Belgium. I know her mother is Belgium and her father is South African.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PRENTNER, Jeaninne (AUT) 4
6-0 6-2 HENDLER, Tamaryn (BEL)
HENDLER, Tamaryn (BEL)

Here is her latest result in Morocco. It is a level 2.

Good Luck Tamaryn............

·
Registered
257 Posts
firefly said:
I really hope that she does stay Belgium. I know her mother is Belgium and her father is South African.
I think that she will stay Belgian. Many foreign players go to Bollettieri Academy and stay with native nationality.

Examples:
Sharapova, Vaidisova, Mirnyi, Haas, Kournikova and others... Go to official IMG Website - Bollettieri Academy - Alumni and see that many great player of various nations was in there.

Her father is South African? I think that they (South Africans) lost two talented players... Michelle Brito's mother is south african and she is portuguese.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Player of the Month -

The NBTA co-Players of the Month for January are Michelle Larcher de Brito and Tamaryn “Tammy” Hendler. Both girls were singles champions at the 2005 Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Championships. The Eddie Herr is one of the most difficult tournaments outside of the Grand Slams. A victory there puts you in a very elite class. For example, past winners include: Maria Sharapova, Kim Clijsters, Xavier Malisse, Andy Roddick and Nicole Vaidisova

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,592 Posts
Let's hope she can keep p to our hopes :yeah:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
firefly said:
Player of the Month -

The NBTA co-Players of the Month for January are Michelle Larcher de Brito and Tamaryn “Tammy” Hendler. Both girls were singles champions at the 2005 Eddie Herr International Junior Tennis Championships. The Eddie Herr is one of the most difficult tournaments outside of the Grand Slams. A victory there puts you in a very elite class. For example, past winners include: Maria Sharapova, Kim Clijsters, Xavier Malisse, Andy Roddick and Nicole Vaidisova
this weeks rankings:

255. Tamaryn Hendler
258. Michelle Brito

They are both climbing up the rankings very fast and they seem to be on the same level :D
They should both go to the Top-100/Top-50 very fast and eventually Top-10 I think ... because they didn't play a lot of ITF's yet and they are already around 250. Very Impressive :yeah:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tomorrow Tamaryn is in the quarter finals in Morocco.
Hopefully by next week she will be a big step closer to the top 100.

GOOD LUCK TAMARYN............

·
Registered
257 Posts
konijntje_00 said:
this weeks rankings:

255. Tamaryn Hendler
258. Michelle Brito

They are both climbing up the rankings very fast and they seem to be on the same level :D
They should both go to the Top-100/Top-50 very fast and eventually Top-10 I think ... because they didn't play a lot of ITF's yet and they are already around 250. Very Impressive :yeah:
(Maybe because I'm portuguese :p , but...) I don't think that now they are exactly in same level.

Michelle is 6 months younger and only start play ITF tournaments in April (semis in a Grade 1). Hendler played 5 tournaments; Michelle only 2.

Compare results:
Michelle - semis in a Grade 1 and winner in a Grade 3 (pts avg - 74,345 / 9W - 1L)
Tamaryn - winner in a Grade 3; 2 second rounds in Grade 1; 2 second round in Grade 2 (pts avg - 30 / 9W - 3W)

Also, they won in last november the Eddie Herr Int., but in different ages level (Michelle in U16 and Tamaryn in U14). But do can you tell me the big results from her in U16, U14 and U12? Junior Tennis site is down.

However, Michelle only did go to Florida in 2002 because a Belgian Company (where her uncle works) sponsor her family and... in last week, ITF site show Michelle as Belgian.

In WTA we will see who is better! ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are two things you must remember when you compare the results. Tamaryn has played ITF's all over, Michelle is playing only in the USA. Usually in the USA you will only get american competition. Also in the Eddie Herr, from my experience the 14 is a very strong field. Players usually go from 14 & under to 18 & under, so i think both are equal. No.

It shows Tamaryns highlights as finals Gator Bowl 12's, Won Belgium Champs 12 & 14, won Benelux Nike 12's. some finals in Eta's 12's and 14's. finals Eddie Herr and Orange Bowl finals 12's, won Eddie Herr 14's and now ITF Level 3.

An impressive record for a 13 year old.

I believe both will be great players.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
konijntje_00 said:
Tamaryn is in the topgun group :worship:

But, what does that mean in fact?
"Top Gun" means that Tamaryn is a hope to the future. But the list is incomplete.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tamaryn is through to the semi-finals tomorrow.........

A star is rising.........

Vas Y Tamaryn Epate Nous...........

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
:bounce:

Any idea where this will bring her in the rankings?

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
konijntje_00 said:
:bounce:

Any idea where this will bring her in the rankings?
I've looked it up, it shoudl be around 170 :eek:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts