Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
26,637 Posts
V.Melb said:
:eek:
A scrapper like Pratt usually gets a game.
Tammy was ruthless. :eek:
Ironic post, as I've bashed Pratt for being a different kind of scrapper: one who shamelessly sits up like a doggie and begs for (financial) table scraps from the non-tennis fan revenue Anna brings into the game. (Others do too, but are smart enough to shut up about this). :rolleyes: Re. Tammy, after wolfing down a Peppermint Patty in NYC, ain't no stopping her now! :eek:

· Registered
5,992 Posts
From tournament website

Fifth seed Tamarine Tanasugarn claimed the first ‘double-bagel’ of her career when she overwhelmed Australia’s Nicole Pratt 6-0 6-0 in just 44 minutes. Fresh off an upset win over Daniela Hantuchova at the US Open, Tammy’s confidence was boosted by a weekend audience with the King of Thailand.

“It was the happiest day of my life. It was something I was dreaming about,” she said. “I think I’m going back again with Paradorn
(Srichaphan). With the match today, I knew Nicole is very tough and never gives up so I focused 200 percent. It’s not easy to keep this level all the time, and my goal is to keep it as high as possible and concentrate on one match at a
time.”

:kiss: :hearts: :kiss:

· Registered
10,834 Posts
Didn't Pratt once stated she was top10 material :lol: :lol: :lol:

· Registered
2,150 Posts
Pratt, Dokic in early exit
From correspondents in Indonesia
September 9, 2003

AUSTRALIAN Nicole Pratt and fourth seed Jelena Dokic were early casualties at Bali's $US225,000 ($348,000) WTA tournament today.

Fifth seed Tamarine Tanasugarn claimed the first 6-0 6-0 scoreline of her career when she overwhelmed Pratt in just 44 minutes in their frist round match while Dokic fell 7-5 6-3 to Tathiana Garbin of Italy in the first round.

Tanasugarn has been in fine form recently having beaten Slovakia's Daniela Hantuchova at the US Open to earn an audience with the King of Thailand.

"It was the happiest day of my life. It was something I was dreaming about," said Tanasugarn. "I think I'm going back again with Paradorn (Srichaphan).

"With the match today, I knew Nicole is very tough and never gives up so I focused 200 per cent. It's not easy to keep this level all the time, and my goal is to keep it as high as possible and concentrate on one match at a time."

Garbin was more consistent than Dokic, whose erratic play reached a climax when she served three consecutive double faults while serving for the first set at 5-4.

Dokic broke serve in the first game of the second set to break Dokic's service twice and take the victory.

"I had chances to win the match, even if I lost in two (sets)," said Dokic, who has still not decided whether she will play at the Australian Open next January.

"I had big leads and I let them go. I beat myself more than she beat me. It's just up and down, on and off in the match. That's the problem."

Another seed to fall was France's Emilie Loit, the seventh seed, who was ousted 7-6 (7-4) 7-5 by Ivana Abramovic of Croatia.

Agence France-Presse

· Registered
4,859 Posts
TS said:
Roger, this grudge you hold is rather pathetic.
Yes, it's amazing how someone who has never won a tour title, been ranked in the top 30, or beaten someone in the top 5, generates such passion and derision (by a number of people) over the past year..... Yes, Nic has a high opinion of herself - is this a bad thing???

· Registered
1,583 Posts
WOW! awesome result for Tammy!! VERY disapointing for Nicole!

· Premium Member
19,997 Posts
Exactly loulou...she's just not well liked, and one of those players that gets hounded when she loses all because of a comment made out of pure confidence (is there anything wrong with that I ask?)

All the more reason to like her.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.