Hua Hin:

R1: (WC)Tanasugarn/Bondarenko vs. (3)Hozumi/Ninomiya

·
Registered
13,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #426
R1: (WC)Tanasugarn/Bondarenko def. (3)Hozumi/Ninomiya 63 61
QF: (WC)Tanasugarn/Bondarenko vs. Haas/Perez

Congrats for your first win at the WTA tour again. Gl in the QF!

·
Registered
13,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #427
QF: Haas/Perez def. (WC)Tanasugarn/Bondarenko 63 64

Disappointing loss. Was a good opportunity to get to the semis!

·
Registered
54,074 Posts

·
Registered
54,074 Posts

About grass/Wimbledon :p

"I'd never played on grass before junior Wimbledon," recalls Tanasugarn on a phone call from her home in Bangkok. "But I'd grown up on very fast hard courts in Thailand - not Plexicushion or DecoTurf like we have now, but a cheaper cement mix where the ball came at you super fast and low."

These conditions shaped a game that proved tailor-made for the manicured lawns of SW19: "My strokes are quite flat and my game was all about attacking through placement," says Tanasugarn. "And also, I'm not a tall girl at all, only 160cm - and at Wimbledon the ball always bounced even lower, you had to really bend your knees."

About her 2nd career/experience :p

Indeed it did - and in this second life, Tanasugarn says, she finally learned the answer to her struggles with pressure. "When you're young, you play thinking, I want to achieve this and this and this - I think that's good, but it's sometimes not balanced," she explains. "After I turned 30, that's when I most enjoyed tennis. I played with more joy. I played wiser; I stopped thinking I had to play with full power all the time. I played with more tactics."

421 - 430 of 430 Posts