Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In boxing terminology this graphics would be the punch stats of these two heavyweights in this tournament.
---

---
Hingis has been muscleing up to get ready for the Williams and other power players and has been cruising so far at OZ.
Jennifer has shown to be tempermental sometimes in the middle of the match and gives her opponets an opening which she later closes.

It should be a close match with Hingis taking home the first place trophy.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I agree with what you've said but I don't think Jenn will have any lapses in the final, or if she does nothing that will cause her to lose a set.

ALL THE WAY JENNIFER :D !

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Martina seems soo different this year in many ways. She has that unbeatable look/attitude for starters. I think she can win in 3 sets.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
I think Martina will beat her in 3 sets,maybe 2,it matters how Jennifers playing tomorrow.Martina has lost 25 games all together,while Jennifer has lost 43 games..You pick your choice..

·
Registered
856 Posts
Although I am not a particular fan of either player, congrats to Jen and Martina for reaching the finals and may the best player win! I think Jen has the slight edge, although both players were impressive in their semi wins.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
i dont think

i really don't think it matters how they've been playing up to this point. As like the other power players, jen cap is very streaky, and 1st round-semis really don't tell us anything about how she'll play. I'm too nervous to make a prediction, so i'm not going to make one.

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
Agreed = the first round doesn't tell much.
But it is interesting to see side by side, how they both got this far.

Recall last year when Jenn nearly lost to Nagyova in the first round? If I'm not correct Nagyova served for the match in the third set before Jenn broke back for 4-5.

Then she won 7-5. Somthing like that.

Anyhow - I will extend the official Becca-Kiss-of-Death, and pick Jenn to win in three sets. *cough*

·
Registered
674 Posts
I don't think their road to the finals makes too much of a difference. Though I do wonder if Martina will be fresh enough after her 2 doubles matches. Also, the heat could be a real factor, which I think Jen has the edge there. But Martina seems to want it bad, and so does Jen. However, I think Jen knows how to really step it up and win in a Grand Slam final at any cost. Of course, I am biased. Go for it, JEN!!!

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
I think both players have already done way better than certain people would have predicted. Or indeed liked. :) :p :p :p

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Nice pster!!

I don't think it's at all given that Martina will win tomorrow. But I really do think she's gonna break the GS voodoo.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
True, certain people predicted other finalist but, that is tennis and the year is still very young. :) :p :p :p

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
Certain people did more than predict other finalists. :) :p :p

Certain people got egg on their face. :) :p :p

I laugh at certain people. :D :p :p ;)

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
Becca said:
Anyhow - I will extend the official Becca-Kiss-of-Death, and pick Jenn to win in three sets. *cough*
whew!!!

umm... becca, are you sure it works?

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are three more Grand Slams to go.
He who laughe last ... :p

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
easy - The last two times I picked Jenn to lose (to Amelie than Kim) she won both matches.

I picked Venus to win the whole thing - she got injured and ended up eventually losing a few matches later.

I picked Raymond to upset Maleeva.

The shameful list goes on and on.

My favourite on the mens side - I picked Kiefer to upset Jiri Novak in the first round :eek:

So yup - I'm pretty sure it works ;)

Adrian - "dinosaur" ? :confused:

I really want Martina to win - even though I like both players. But martina needs it more :)

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
In reaching the final of the Aussie open certain players have already exceeded certain people's assessments for the year.

Therefore I am about to laugh last.

Haha. :)

(sorry) :eek:

:p

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
I have to admit that I didn't really expect to see JenCap in the final and I hoped Monica would beat Martina.

I hope Martina wins, but I think that of all the players JenCap could have faced in the final, Martina is not the one she fears the most.

Should be an interesting match - I think Hingis can win but she'll have to be mentally tougher than she was when they met in Paris. If she's not then Capriati will roll over her again and stun most of her non-fans by repeating her Oz open win.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts