Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
41,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still too much UEs from Lisicki. Solid play from Kozlova who took care of not being caught off guard. Closed with an ace.

Some fine rallies in this match.

Thanks for coming back, Sabine! :cheer:

Congrats and good luck Kateryna! :clap2:

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Sabine :sad:

·
Premium Member
63,825 Posts
:sad:

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,342 Posts
NID, sorry DanielHugues...
It was a pleasure to read all those scorelines in the Lisicki thread :hug:

ex-doper through to a final :ras:

Reactions: Hugues

·
Registered
37,519 Posts
NID, sorry Daniel...
It was a pleasure to read all those scorelines in the Lisicki thread :hug:

ex-doper through to a final :ras:
Kozlova really was not at fault for her doping at all, her doctor gave her illegal substances and didn't tell her from what I understand. She got the minimum 6 month ban, her doctor got 4 years :shrug:

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,342 Posts
Kozlova really was not at fault for her doping at all, her doctor gave her illegal substances and didn't tell her from what I understand. She got the minimum 6 month ban, her doctor got 4 years :shrug:
same with Cornet (fishy behaviour with 3 times failing presence) and Sharapova (in terms of 'I took it for years just for prophylaxis' but a little more before a GS to be sure) ?

You have to admit that picking holes in those assertions/arguments is a right of a person loving to watch clean sports.

and those cases become ordinary already
(Karatantcheva, Hingis et al.)

·
Registered
37,519 Posts
same with Cornet (fishy behaviour with 3 times failing presence) and Sharapova (in terms of 'I took it for years just for prophylaxis' but a little more before a GS to be sure) ?

You have to admit that picking holes in those assertions/arguments is a right of a person loving to watch clean sports.

and those cases become ordinary already
(Karatantcheva, Hingis et al.)
Sharapova and Cornet's cases are worse in my opinion. Kozlova was literally given a drug by her doctor and told that it was fine when it had already been banned. Cornet's disregard for anti-doping and Sharapova's negligence to not check a banned list is far worse and shows more disregard for clean sports than Kozlova's case where she was lied to by her doctor. The fact that Kozlova's doctor has been banned for four years and she got the minimum sentence really does show who was at fault in her case.

Kozlova also only had that product in her system for one tournament, she hadn't been using it at all before Dubai which was where she tested positive and where her ban started. Plus her results have been far better since her ban anyway :shrug: I am a huge defender of clean sports but this case really was an exceptional one and she in no way is a drug cheat.

·
Registered
488 Posts
One match too many for Sabine, and though I'm sad at the loss I'm quite pleased that she managed to keep this as tight as she did given how exhausting her heroics yesterday will have been; this, again, was her first tournament back after surgery. And that's the thing - as partisan and optimistic I am :)) ) I was not exactly expecting a week like this - it's been very special.

·
Registered
16,449 Posts
Lisicki forgot how to play at the net. She used to be good there.
Too many UEs on crucial points. Take your time lady. And hit the ball over the net. How many times did you dump those easy points in the net?
Go practice with Wozniacki. She'll show you how not to dump balls in the net. :) :)

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Bitchy handshake from Lisicki

Still a great week for her, after coming back

·
Registered
12,260 Posts
Can’t recall if this is Kozlova’s first WTA final but I’m not surprised. I remember when I watched her at the US Open one year, I think against Venus in 1st or 2nd round, how good her ball striking was and that she has a bright future ahead. She has a lovely smile on court too; you can tell how much she is enjoying herself this week.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Good week for Sabs.

·
Registered
55,971 Posts

·
Registered
32,109 Posts
Lisicki has this Sunshine 2.0 reputation but she's always one of the coldest players whenever she loses. Much easier to smile when you win ...

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Sabine:hug:

Still a good tournament and she has no points to defend until Mallorca so her ranking should rocket with a few wins:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts