Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deplorable performance from Babos/Chan, especially Chan. They couldn't hold serve for the first 5 service games :facepalm: I couldn't believe how many times Chan failed to put away a volley and worse, make such a volley float in the strike zone of your opponent. Is Chan usually this bad? Babos wasn't good either but Chan was particularly weak when it came to the net.

Hibino and Kalashnikova were a lot steadier and timed their moments well so much Babos/Chan frequently misread their direction changes. I have never really been a big fan of brute power based doubles, and Hibino/Kalashnikova prove good tactical awareness and touch is still vital in the game. Hibino in particular hits such a sweet ball and intercepts the net with acuity.

·
Stanning for Andi
20,884 Posts
I doubt Babos was particularly motivated to play doubles this week but she had committed before she won the AO doubles title and probably didn't want to let Hao-Ching down.

·
Registered
15,977 Posts
Deplorable performance from Babos/Chan, especially Chan. They couldn't hold serve for the first 5 service games :facepalm: I couldn't believe how many times Chan failed to put away a volley and worse, make such a volley float in the strike zone of your opponent. Is Chan usually this bad? Babos wasn't good either but Chan was particularly weak when it came to the net.
Chan/Niculescu was double bageled by the only seed they met last Wimbledon Final, Niculescu soon fled.

Srebotnik partnered with Kudryavtseva randomly this week and is in St. Petersburg final.

You can do your analysis from there.

Reactions: Matmagix
1 - 5 of 5 Posts