Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is funny how so often when the 1st two sets of a match are both very one sided but favouring different players each set, the third set then inevitably becomes a very close and hard fought set. And so it proved again in this match.

Monica played at the top of her game in the 1st set but to be fair to Zarina, it took her a while to get into the match and to figure out how to play Monica.

By the start of the 2nd set, Zarina had a winning approach to the match worked out. She was much more patient and disciplined in this set and was prepared to play long rallies. She was aggressive as well but only when the opportunity presented itself. Monica was also less stingy with her own errors.

The third set was great and featured both players fighting for all it was worth. Zarina was ahead for most of the set but Monica stayed focused and concentrated to the end and produced some incredible tennis in the last three games of the match to snatch what often appeared to be an unlikely victory.

As a fan it is great to see Monica playing this well again and looking at the draw, I am feeling pretty hopeful about Monica picking a few more wins here. I am also optimistic that if Monica can keep up this level she should be back in the top 50 by the start of the summer. :)

·
Registered
41,678 Posts
Much needed wins for niculescu after the horror start to the season. Let’s see if she can build and quarter final with Lisicki could be a mess!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Honestly, I can only think of Babos as someone who can stop her from taking the title now.
Let's go Moni :cheer:

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
1 - 3 of 3 Posts