Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,804 Posts
someone was going to be hurting after that one.

·
TF's Only Vögele Stan
5,649 Posts
Pity of it is, as a Jo fan, she played well enough to win. But Magda was gritty and determined.

It was as much of a roller-coaster ride as the ^^ scoreboard ^^ suggested.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
Madzia :cheer:

·
Registered
12,333 Posts
Go Madzia go! :) Gruelling match but such a satisfactory win that is. Currently Linette is at her CHR #60 :)

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Madzia :hearts: what a fighter :cheer: Go girl but now Babos :( what a bitchy handshake... shame on u Johanna
Well, when you break to go up 5-3 in the final set, and your opponent goes and stands by the chair umpire and repeatedly says “no, I want to see your supervisor” for about five minutes... Even though the chair umpire was right. Can’t really blame Larsson for not respecting her opponent :shrug:

Reactions: Headcase

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts

I AM in ruins.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Well, when you break to go up 5-3 in the final set, and your opponent goes and stands by the chair umpire and repeatedly says “no, I want to see your supervisor” for about five minutes... Even though the chair umpire was right. Can’t really blame Larsson for not respecting her opponent :shrug:
It's not explanation and it didn't harm anybody. Magda said truth that chair umpire was useless. Johanna isn't teenager and should to learn to live with disappointment. That was classless. Maybe typical for Larsson

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
It's not explanation and it didn't harm anybody. Magda said truth that chair umpire was useless. Johanna isn't teenager and should to learn to live with disappointment. That was classless. Maybe typical for Larsson
Didn’t harm anyone except Larsson’s momentum and focus. Plus the fact that Magda challenged far too late and was wrong.

And let’s not even get into the way that Linette hobbled around for half a set because she’d just choked 5-1 and multiple match points, only to be completely fine for the second half of the set :eek:

A handshake is a sign of respect— Magda didn’t deserve any after that.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Didn’t harm anyone except Larsson’s momentum and focus. Plus the fact that Magda challenged far too late and was wrong.

And let’s not even get into the way that Linette hobbled around for half a set because she’d just choked 5-1 and multiple match points, only to be completely fine for the second half of the set :eek:

A handshake is a sign of respect— Magda didn’t deserve any after that.
She was injured all third set. Don't be ignorant. Magda wrote on instagram :''@johannalarsson111 pushed me to the limits today, such a great competitor. #respect'' Johanna should take an example from Magda.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
She was injured all third set. Don't be ignorant. Magda wrote on instagram :''@johannalarsson111 pushed me to the limits today, such a great competitor. #respect'' Johanna should take an example from Magda.
And Linette should take an example from Larsson on how to complete like a respectable opponent :shrug:

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,727 Posts
This would be a classic Linette choke. I don't know how Larsson managed to better that :lol:

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
what happened, was she leading 5-0 or 5-1 before collapsing?
Just 5-3, 40-love, plus a few other match points later on her own serve :sad:

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
what happened, was she leading 5-0 or 5-1 before collapsing?
Only 5-3 this time. :bigcry:

Not that she hasn't blown 5-1 and 5-2 leads. :bigcry: :bigcry:

But I still love the little mug.

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
403 Posts
The umpire keep overruling - 5 times I think - and being proved wrong by hawkeye. Linette wasn't happy with her, but the last decision, not to allow her to challenge, was probably correct. But by then Linette clearly thought the umpire was poor and against her which led to the outburst towards the end.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts