she looked out of it at first, didn't realise she would recover so well

·
Registered
8,508 Posts
Well, this is VERY promising.

·
Premium Member
41,994 Posts
Last time i looked Sabine was down *2-4 15-40?
Yes, in the first set Hibino who was playing pretty well was ahead - before Sabine actually finds her game, less and less patchy, more and more clever.

It's really a joy to watch Sabine play fully that aggressive and varied game of hers. Always spectacular.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Last time i looked Sabine was down *2-4 15-40?
Actually it was 0-40.

I can not at this BBB fluke Lisucki
Nao bear had 1 bp on 0-2 for double break up,3 bps on 1-3 ,3 on 2-4
no depth, no intensity( I miss cute cmons), didnt played well compared to stosur match.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Wow the first set stats look like such a fluke set. Could have been double break down so often. :D

·
Premium Member
41,994 Posts
Actually it was 0-40.

no depth, no intensity( I miss cute cmons), didnt played well compared to stosur match.
LOL, Sabine was playing so deep, Nao just looked powerless

Different game than Stosur who does use big topspin (bounce in the squares) which fits Nao's style better.

I like Nao's game, by the way... but she'll have to improve again to reach the level of Halep and Wozniacki. Should have tried to be more aggressive, she was looping too much, and Sabine could find comfort zones without ballbashing in the end.

·
Premium Member
63,799 Posts
Congrats Bine :inlove:
She can use these points!!

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
Actually it was 0-40.

Hibino is never going to be mentally tough though... fell apart too easily for my liking.

·
Banned
34,748 Posts
I wanted to watch this match but it was right when I had to go out and get stoned, however since this is really an interesting match given the draw, I'll just add that it's nice whenever Sabine has a good Asian run. :lol:

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Who is this mysterious woman who claims to be my Sabs?

·
always getting what i want
18,246 Posts
Get it, Sabine!

·
Registered
635 Posts
With this win, Sabine provisionally sneaks back into the Top 200, edging ahead of Potapova (random stat, but set to make her Top 200 debut at 16) into 198th.

Could still move a few places even if she goes out in the next round, dependent on other results, but this is good news for being eligible for tournaments without relying on her PR or a wildcard.

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
Actually it was 0-40.

LOL, Sabine was playing so deep, Nao just looked powerless

Different game than Stosur who does use big topspin (bounce in the squares) which fits Nao's style better.

I like Nao's game, by the way... but she'll have to improve again to reach the level of Halep and Wozniacki. Should have tried to be more aggressive, she was looping too much, and Sabine could find comfort zones without ballbashing in the end.
Level of halep/wozniacki? No thanks to being pusher. I liked the most 2015. Nao,when she made breakthrough on wta , she was playing amazing with angles ,her counterpunching style ala kerber with insane footwork/speed and she was pumping herself.Since beginning of 2017. She has been playing some more aggressive style trying to shorten points ,but it would end with basic UEs and her movement seemed slower... also wasnt pumping herself.Only good thing is her serve being bit better ,goes for good placement more than for power.

But she rolled ankle on end of last yr,so I guess she started bit later pre season or with less intensity ,so we should give her some time to get into form.

·
Blighted and solo
43,980 Posts
Awww Sabine. I've missed her. :awww:

Hopefully a good season is in store! :cheer:

Reactions: BlueTrees

·
Registered
488 Posts
Wow the first set stats look like such a fluke set. Could have been double break down so often. :D
The first set break point statistics in particular are quite something aren't they? The odd part is that the outcome of the first set wasn't a fluke: it just changed its character very suddenly. Sabine was very nervy at the start and the first two games were... not good... she then started to shake off the rust and managed some tough service holds (though was still not making much impact on the return) before suddenly breaking Hibino more or less out of nowhere, after which she dominated totally for the rest of the set and the match.

·
Premium Member
41,994 Posts
Everyone in need to know how it went point by point or game by game can still check the Live Scoring thread in Sabine's forum. :eek:h:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts