Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Best i have seen Genie play since the Sharapova match.

Chasing down everything, intensity levels high, going for winners with the backhand, charging the net with success and serving decent...

Who is the new coach? @guichard ? Seems to be helping her with motivation.

I don't think Bogdan expected Bouchard to want it this much....

Bogdan broke back twice for *5-5 and just expected Genie to throw in the typical loser attitude game but it never happened this time, Genie was pumped.

Although I'm a bit wary of Bouchard, because she occasionally does this, one good display then flops in the next round, will be interesting to see if she backs it up vs Wang now.

·
Registered
16,201 Posts
Re: Taipei R2 : Bouchard def Bogdan 7-5 7-5

Shes was practicing till Midnight after her first round match. Her new coach is good.

Both Kiki and Chiny won today
Somewhere those Russian Voodoo dolls expired..

·
Registered
8,692 Posts
BH looked really good. Movement was very nice as well. Maybe she has reached the bottom and its all the way up from here. :) Hope so!

·
Registered
16,164 Posts
genie at this level is top 10. 5&5 against Bogdan is impressive
A top 10 won't beat Bogdan 5&5 though, more like 2&3.

But still, baby steps for Genie to get back where she once was. Her game seems more stable this week so far, which is a good sign.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Genie was hardly on-fire in her first-round match, and Bogdan is on-the-rise and in good form, so to come through this match in straight sets is a very good result for Genie (and will of course help her ranking significantly).

We shall see if she can sustain it (I really hope she can, because she used to have such an impressive game)

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
A week where Lisicki, Kvitova, Mladenovic and Bouchard win their matches?

Why not Wozniacki winning her first slam, while you're at it!
This year is going to mess with TF's soul.

Reactions: KCatty and Rogue.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Reactions: Haseo.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
So she goes on a hot streak just when she needs to get back to America to attend the Super Bowl... Maybe she might have some unexpected scheduling issues later this week.

·
Registered
31,962 Posts
Genie gets ready to win the French Open and Wimbledon after her $100M cheque from the USTA. :SNE:

Reactions: Veesus Christ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Beating Bogdan means nothing actually. I mean she lost to Bains in straight sets. Wang will be tougher

1 - 20 of 31 Posts