Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3rd title in 7th final. Timea is really specializing in peaking in those events now. :lol:

·
Registered
25,700 Posts
She has found her niche in these weak-ass internationals.

At a certain point, there will be a conflict for her, because her doubles career is at the premier level, but her singles career is at the international level.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I remember when she won her first title as a teenager, people thought she was going places. Not many teens were wining titles in 2012. She's had a respectable career though. Congrats on the title! :)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I like Babos and is a pity she only performs in places like Taipei, Tashkent, Quebec etc which are known as some of the weakest internationals on tour.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
it was a very important win for Babos, because the her Budapest points will drop soon. Congrats!

Reactions: DcsabaS

·
Registered
9,395 Posts
Congrats to Babos!! Lovely speeches and smiles from both of them at the end.

She really does have an odd little career. HUGE doubles player, has a solid game, but so many first round losses at tournaments and most of her big wins come at tiny events. I'd love to see her cut down her schedule a little, step up to Premier events etc., and focus on boosting her singles ranking.

·
Registered
6,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She really does have an odd little career. HUGE doubles player, has a solid game, but so many first round losses at tournaments and most of her big wins come at tiny events. I'd love to see her cut down her schedule a little, step up to Premier events etc., and focus on boosting her singles ranking.
I guess she just isn't that good as of now. She's been into a GS final 4 out of the last 5 seasons and having at least 1 Tier I final while having her very first top 10 win in a tour match just this year. :shrug:

·
Registered
12,238 Posts
Nice week for Babos, and another title added to her growing collection. She has a great opportunity to try and defend her Budapest title in a few weeks. If she does, then her last 3 titles would have been won on indoors, which is unusual in this age when there isn’t many indoors tournaments left.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Last year, she lost a number of three-setters against quality opponents in bigger tournaments, which rattled her confidence. Nice to see her starting 2018 well and hopefully that will translate into some progress in quality singles draws this year.

In this match, she was showing fatigue in that first set. Kozlova really shot herself in the foot with that long bathroom break. Too much time for her to think about how she'd just lost a set in which she was up a break, and too much time for Timea to chat with her coach, reflect on the fight she'd shown and just relax. Kozlova just went away in that second set as Timea played with more and more confidence.

·
Registered
28,271 Posts
3rd title in 7th final. Timea is really specializing in peaking in those events now. :lol:
She has found her niche in these weak-ass internationals.

At a certain point, there will be a conflict for her, because her doubles career is at the premier level, but her singles career is at the international level.
I like Babos and is a pity she only performs in places like Taipei, Tashkent, Quebec etc which are known as some of the weakest internationals on tour.
Babos is simply not good enough to get good results in stronger tournaments. She can only win these weak ass events.

·
Registered
20,804 Posts
I keep forgetting Babos is only 24! Her singles game could still improve I'd say.
A good tournament for her but yes like many I'd like to see her try to translate her results to bigger tournaments with stronger opposition.

·
Registered
32,094 Posts

Jesus Christ. That's the shot of the day?

The arena is half empty, the video looks to have been filmed through a potato and the "shot" is basic a hell. What a nice advert for the WTA. :spit:

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I hope Babos can capitalise on her game and improve her ranking and consistency this year

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
Yep, can see that, initially thought you meant Petra, so was about to shoot your down :lol:

I can see a little bit of Safarova there as well.
No Petrova

But yes! That is what I saw too. I thought she looked incredibly like Safarova as well as the way she moves.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts