Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
GO Na Go Go Go NA!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Match....Petra was on fire in the first set but Na clawed he way back in like a champ!!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Looks to me like Kvitova is like the rest of the BBB. awesome Plan A and unbeatable when it's on. But NO PLAN B WHATSOEVER.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
I think Li may win the AO.

Lol, Woz is still number one. smh.

·
Shovel Yourself Out Of The Shit
25,844 Posts
SuperNa is my hero :inlove:

So happy to see her playing well again. Don't really care about whether she wins or loses the final, just glad that she's got her head back in the game.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I feel sorry for Petra, she's burdened by the #1 shit too much, and her performance in the last 2 sets is definitely not No.1 materials. :sad:

·
Registered
15,813 Posts
As predicted:

This should be a FANTASTIC match. Petra is probably the better player overall, but this is Na's absolute prime surface, and when she's onform she laps up the pace the biggest hitters provide her.

Going for Na in 3.

Na :yeah: Great attitude most of all, and some really great play in the last set too. She'd better defend her title.

The level of play from Petra in the first set was AMAZING and definitely good enough to seriously contend for the AO title. Understandable that she wasn't willing to fight 100% in the decider and adapt her game like she usually has done of late when in trouble - Na needed this win a lot more than she did. :)

·
Registered
48,685 Posts
well i like this result
as long as Petra getting No.1 during AO not before AO, pressure isoff :eek:h:

good job Na

·
Registered
965 Posts
I woke up at 61 31 Kvitova. It was nothing but downhill from there.

Story of the match was at the third set, 3-2, two break points, and Li hits a great shot and then another deep one forcing Kvitova to error. Kvitova throws her racket and gets mad. She won two pts for the rest of the match.

The difference in this matchup is really about the athleticism, and Li has figured that out. She's not intimidated by Kvitova's power, can redirect it, and then blast it down the middle to make the weaknesses in her groundstroke game very obvious, or at least exaggerate them.

Shame because in general Li has been a journey woman since RG and has never produced, to me anyway, all that interesting tennis. Still, good for her for the nice win and hopefully Petra rebounds in Melbourne with a title there. But if she has to run into someone who can equally hit with her, move, serve, I wouldn't put much bet on Kvitova winning. That's the real dent in her armor. Thankfully for Kvitova few in her generation have ballstriking skills.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,135 Posts
This will be such a confidence boost for her, keeping her head cool and waiting for the right oppertunity in that second set. The third set was just brilliant from her, finally hitting super form and running down and hitting everything.

So happy for her.

Kvitova was scary for a set and a half. Na was scary in the third set. These 2 players will probably do well at the open.:)

Na, now you're really back. Well done! Win the final! :worship:

·
Let's have a kiki!
102,623 Posts
Serena and Carotards will celebrate it :help:

But to be honest, doesn't matter when Kvitova becomes #1, this week or in 2, we waited all for so long, that this little time doesn't matter at all :eek:h:

Li, well done, she played really great from 1-3 in the 2nd set :yeah:
petra :hug:

·
Registered
13,385 Posts
SO much love with NaNa!! What a remarkable match!!
NaNa just love to come back from PK's lead

Also thanks for saving Caro's top spot...

·
Banned
48,006 Posts
Na had more winners and less errors :eek:
To those ppl out there calling Na stuffs

I can't find the this is my home one

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
i just wish we had a new upcoming player who could both attack, rally, defend and was an outstanding athlete. petra, aga, caro, vika all have 1 or more of those things missing.

actually 29 year old li na is much closer to the kind of player i thought would be the norm for womens tennis after the last generation.

well done li, showed yet again that you make petra play enough balls and the wheels come off, especially if you make her move with it. oh and stay the fuck away from kim at the oz open :kiss:

21 - 40 of 241 Posts