Tennis Forum banner
221 - 240 of 291 Posts

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
But who's quarreling? You are. I am agreeing with you that transwomen shouldn't participate in women's sports but you're apparently not satisfied with that.
You are quarreling since you don't like me calling real women "real women".

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
The law in the USA is what it is. Sanctions are imposed for failure to comply. Instead of crying about it, try to change it. That is far more constructive than whining.
The US law has no relevance for international sport.
And in the USA the Republicans are thankfully making laws which explicitly ban biological males from competing in women's sport.
As I said, there is no law currently in the USA forcing women to accept biological males as competitors. Just a few (apparently women-hating) male judges half a century ago who misinterpreted the existing law (reading things into laws which aren't there seems to be a US speciality!).

Anyway, FINA has set the course and the aberrations of the last years seem to be a thing of the past. Which is also reflected by the laws enacted in the USA in several states now.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
By the way, Title IX is now 50 years old today. It was signed on this day in 1972.

Could you give us the quote where "Title IX" forces women to accept certain biological males as competitors in sports?
Happy searching!

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
Look at it this way the best photographs you'll ever see are ones of groups of naked women. If one of the naked women was ugly it's still a great photograph just not as perfect as it could be. Put a naked man in the photograph though and it completely ruins it.
No, I would prefer to look at a picture of a naked Nadal than of, let's say, Serena.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you high?
Don't you agree? Look at the naked women in groups thread on Vintage Erotica.

No, I would prefer to look at a picture of a naked Nadal than of, let's say, Serena.
I don't know your gender or sexual orientation. I saw the naked but covered photos of Serena from the body issue, worth checking out if you haven't seen them. You should be able to find the uncensored ones of Venus too which are definitely worth checking out.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Don't you agree? Look at the naked women in groups thread on Vintage Erotica.
I'm a gay guy so I would slightly disagree with your statement that a naked man ruins every picture. :spitrofl:
And I have no clue why are you bringing that topic into this thread anyway. :coffee:

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Could you give us the quote where "Title IX" forces women to accept certain biological males as competitors in sports?
Happy searching!

In the legal profession that is called a "leading question".

First you will have to prove that these athletes are "biological males" rather than classified as "transgender" under the law. You will have to stick to legal definitions and usage rather than your own biased viewpoints in order to get the answer you are looking for.

Good luck with that.

Ok. I think we can now see where you're coming from.

Don Eladio said:
Just a few (apparently women-hating) male judges half a century ago who misinterpreted the existing law (reading things into laws which aren't there seems to be a US speciality!).

No doubt, there is a considerable amount of projection there. In any case, the USTA has had over 50 years in which to appeal that decision. They decided not to do so. Today's courts have routinely ruled for the athletes. Will be interesting to see what the outcome would be if any litigation took place about any of this.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Just going to put this out there for those who agree with this ban. You're ignoring reality and affirming transphobia.
Is biology not part of reality? Biologically trans women have many of the advantages of a man and therefor has no business competing against biological women in sports.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
In the legal profession that is called a "leading question".

First you will have to prove that these athletes are "biological males" rather than classified as "transgender" under the law. ...
There is nothing to prove about that these athletes are "biological males" because otherwise they would not be called "transgender".

Ok. I think we can now see where you're coming from.
You comment sounds homophobic.

No doubt, there is a considerable amount of projection there. In any case, the USTA has had over 50 years in which to appeal that decision. They decided not to do so. Today's courts have routinely ruled for the athletes. Will be interesting to see what the outcome would be if any litigation took place about any of this.
"Ruled for the athletes"?
You don't mean for the women, do you?

Reactions: nemala

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
Just going to put this out there for those who agree with this ban. You're ignoring reality and affirming transphobia.

The author is demanding that transgender women who transition before puberty are also banned?
I'm fine with that.

I'm surprised that someone at NBC says this since they are usually one of the far-left media in the USA.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
I'm a gay guy so I would slightly disagree with your statement that a naked man ruins every picture. :spitrofl:
And I have no clue why are you bringing that topic into this thread anyway. :coffee:
The old Greeks also could admire the body of a naked men.
And they weren't all gay because otherwise we would have no Greece today.

Reactions: nemala and Molok

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
There is nothing to prove about that these athletes are "biological males" because otherwise they would not be called "transgender".
You comment sounds homophobic.
"Ruled for the athletes"?
You don't mean for the women, do you?

You make the claim, the burden of proof remains yours.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
You make the claim, the burden of proof remains yours.
Proving that a transgender woman is a biological male?
I think now you have lost it.... :facepalm:

A wise biological male once said, "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Reactions: Nole Fan and nemala

·
Registered
309 Posts
Have you noticed it is an opinion piece, so it has exactly the same validity as any other opinion?

Anyway, the "hierarchy" would happen only if adults perform unethical irreversible changes on minors. Swimming doesn't force anyone to do it, it just declares that male puberty isn't compatible with women's swimming category, which is kind of obvious. And now international swimming put it in writing, because US university sports seems to be too bullied by transactivists to state the obvious and protect real women.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Proving that a transgender woman is a biological male?
I think now you have lost it.... :facepalm:

A wise biological male once said, "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Say pal ~ on their ID cards it specifically identifies them as female. Case closed.

221 - 240 of 291 Posts