Tennis Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I saw Arantxa on TV :hearts:.She encouraged Sveta the whole singles match because Sveta's coach is not there.She looked so good moreover they showed Arantxa dancing,Arantxa on the boat with Gisela and Ai and Arantxa in the Spa with Sveta :kiss:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
TartarVicario said:
Heres a caption!

Sveta: "wee Im U.S. Open champion! Im gonna be the next Arantxa!"
Arantxa: "sorry kid u need to win 3 more Grand slams to even come close!"

;)

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Congrats Girls! Good luck in the final!

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
:sad: :sad:

A great run though and Sveta must have been a bit tired as well, just a shame ASV couldn't get #102 but she looks likes she has been having fun in Bali :) Well done girls :yeah:

wave said:
Hi to all Arantxa fans! :wavey: Good to have an occasion to meet again.
:wavey: wave! I hope we all get to meet again in another event and that this is not the last time :sad:

I think Arantxa has proved here and in Palermo that she is still competitive. Let's hope this is not the last event. Vamos ASV!

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Me too Racquel...I miss the old ASV cheering threads!

She was quoted after the Olympics as saying she ws finished with professional tennis, but might play events in the future "por amistad" (for friendship)...I guess she was referring to Bali, but you never know.

Arantxa should rise about 40 places with this result, leaving her just outside the top 100 with only 6 events - only Davenport, Clijsters and Pierce are better ranked with so few tournaments :)

·
Registered
198,964 Posts
Nothing to feel disappointed about Sveta/Arantxa did well to reach the final. Hopefully it won't be the last time they line-up. Arantxa playing with the one made in Spain.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Hey friends!
It's a pity that they didn't win the tourney. But I suppose that Sveta must be mighty tired.
And of course you are right, I also remembered that Arantxa played with Martina N. and H. doubles, and of course with Monica, too. Also with Davey?
I forgot about the Willies.:eek:

Aranxta lookes great. She looks even trimmer than some years ago. In the photo with the blue tennis dress, she looks rather thin.
I don't like so much the photo from the finals with her crazy hair style. She has nice hairs without that.:hearts:

About new tourneys: She has to decide herself, if she finds good partners, great, but she shouldn't travel for losing in the first round. Don't forget to enjoy your life, Arantxa! :D

41 - 51 of 51 Posts