Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fingers crossed...

They have an 18/2 win loss record, with three titles and two finals in 2002. Hopefully they'll go one better here than their loss to Black and Ruano two years ago...

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Good Luck Arantxa and Sveta :D

Hopefully this will be a successful farewell and good fun for them both :)

Whether this is ASV's last event or not, I have enjoyed her comeback this year. Obviously losing the first round in the Slams and Olympics was a shame, but they led in both the Frecnh and Olympics to teams who went on far in the event. And of course Arantxa made another little bit of history by being the first tennis player to compete in 5 Olympics :) The title in Palermo was the other highlight of course and moved ASV to 7th on the all time doubles list (I think) and edged Arantxa over 100 for her 101st title :) Even though it was a Tier V it was fun again waiting for results and hoping she would win and then celebrating a title again.

I wonder if there is any chance she might take a wildcard in one or two more events? Would love to see ASV at the US Open, but that's very doubtful. Whatever happens I hope Bali is a great tournament for them :)

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Today Kuznetsova/Sanchez-Vicario (RUS/ESP) d. Domachowska/Voskoboeva (POL/RUS) 6-4,6-3 :banana:.They are going to play second round tomorrow :)

Centre Court (from 16.00hrs)
1. Myskina vs. Camerin
2. Stosur vs. Kuznetsova
3. Widjaja vs. An.Barna
4. Kuznetsova/Sanchez-Vicario vs. Vento-Kabchi/Widjaja (after suitable rest)

Good luck! :D

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Arantxa, how many times have I told you to look where you're going when you're in charge of a boat? :p

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Arantxa looks great!

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Good Luck Tomorrow Girls!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts