Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Moderator - Challengers &, Chicas Latinas
17,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everybody who sent those nice messages for Asa some weeks ago. Here is her answer, and talks about how her injury is going :sad:

Seems she's missing her first grand slam (main draw) since 1994 Roland Garros. Almost 10 years.

Here is the mail:
---

Hi!

It makes me very happy to see that so many fans are missing & thinking about me during my injury.

I have now been in Germany to get treatmant for my ruptur in the achilles, i hope everything soon will fall into places and start a healing process. I still have a bit of pain walking around but it will hopefully get better.

Dont count on seeing me for a while I will most likely miss both Paris and Wimbledon.

All the best, Asa

---

:sad: Asa will be around 200 after RG... will be a tough task to get back in the top 100.... specially playing challengers... but hope the best. :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
awww... :sad:

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Poor Asa :sad: :sad:
a achillies injury is really bad :eek:

Hope she's back soon but it doesn't look likely

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
:sad:

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
Well, i think for her its better to stop and don´t put any risk of a cronical injury.

Maybe this can make her miss tennis and get hungry, bad it came on the clay circuit where Asa is more confortable, but definetly, is better for her to be in the best shape as possible.

Good Luck Osa ;)

PS. Why did noy you miss last slam of 96? :devil: ;) :kiss: Alx

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
Asa :sad: :sad: :sad:

Ranking around 200?!? :confused:

That definitely means challengers but don`t you think, she`ll get a special ranking?!? :confused:

Hope so! Get well soon, Asa! :kiss:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Who else is currently still on a good streak? Coetzer, Farina-Elia, Likhovtseva perhaps?

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Asa :sad:

I've ruptured my achilles before... it's terrible. :sad:

It kept me away from tennis for about a year... and it plays with you mentally, because you're afraid to step a certain way.

Hopefully she gets better soon... I know she can come back from this. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts