Tennis Forum banner

?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
48,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty sure some of you are have a difficulty how to spell some of the WTA Players, so...don't be shy, pls let us know which one is the hardest to say ;)

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
that Madagascar girl....not Randriantefy but the other. Aina ...... Her name is just too long!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
GAIANEH MIKAELIAN!!!

I cant even say her middle name! Krasnaroutskaya and Barabanshikova are hard at first but you soon get the hand of it.

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
of theese I found Sequera most diff. for many english talking akgul Amanmuradova is a challenge, or Aina R....................................a :confused:

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I have absolutely no problems saying Ctvrtnickova (writing it on the other hand ... ;)).

Harkleroad breaks my tongue every time. None of the other names mantioned does that.

I guess it depends on what your mother tongue is ...

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
maya said:
Harkleroad breaks my tongue every time. None of the other names mantioned does that. I guess it depends on what your mother tongue is ...
I guess you are right, because Harkleroad is not a bit hard for me...

I voted for Mikaelian (mostly for her *middle* name though) BUT..

how do you pronounce "MATEVZIC" -- I was saying "mah-TEV-zic" until I saw it was really supposed to be something like "MAT-uh-vich" --help here please!!!

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Definalty the swiss girl, i was even practising it after the commentators said it , just to see if i could say it, it was hard :-(.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
marsha said:
I guess you are right, because Harkleroad is not a bit hard for me...

I voted for Mikaelian (mostly for her *middle* name though) BUT..

how do you pronounce "MATEVZIC" -- I was saying "mah-TEV-zic" until I saw it was really supposed to be something like "MAT-uh-vich" --help here please!!!
Well the second one is completely wrong ...

Let me try: Mah - TEH V - zh i ch

(it's really written Matevžič, not Matevzic - the two letters in the back are pronounced conpletely different as z and c - similar as in Dokic (Dokić really).

1 - 20 of 49 Posts