Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,414 Posts
Marie-Eve :D well done, nice draw so far, hopefully you will be prepared for a tougher final round match :)

Meilen :D great win, impressive score :)

Janette :)

Silvija :sad:

·
Registered
15,762 Posts
bad luck Lauren would of been great to win that one but good luck wherever you play next week and if you are in doubles qualies here.

Come on Evie now plz beat Bachman in str8 sets so u r fresh for Pelletier tomorrow.

Anymore scores or is it raining again? :fiery:

·
Registered
13,033 Posts
ozfan44 said:
bad luck Lauren would of been great to win that one but good luck wherever you play next week and if you are in doubles qualies here.

Come on Evie now plz beat Bachman in str8 sets so u r fresh for Pelletier tomorrow.

Anymore scores or is it raining again? :fiery:
I don't think it's raining right now, I just think that we aren't getting scores

·
Premium Member
181,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Angelika :banana: ;) :yeah:

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Come on Meilen! Dig in deep and qualify yourself for the maindraw!

Best of luck to: Yuka Yoshida in singles and her doubles partner, Su-Wei in the final qualifying match! :bounce:

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
Qualifying Finds New Star?
2 January 2005

The ASB Classic qualifying may find a new young star in American, Jessica Kirkland. Kirkland, 17 caused a stir when she upset No 1 seeded Argentine Mariana Diaz-Oliva. Diaz-Oliva is ranked 102, but Kirkland, who is ranked 245 easily dispatched the seed 6-1 6-3. Kirkland is a player on the rise. Last year, she won two $25,000 ITF singles events and also got a taste of the big time when she was granted a wildcard to compete in the US Open. Even though she lost in the first round she no doubt learned a lot from the experience. She also won the prestigious Orange Bowl junior event, the US Winter champs, and was a finalist at the US Junior Open. Today (Monday) she squares off against Japanese player Yuka Yoshida who is ranked 158. The New Zealanders didn't make it past the first round of the singles qualifying - Leanne Baker, Shelley Stephens, and Tracey O'Connor, although O'Connor did make it into the second day. She lost a rain-delayed match which was carried over from Saturday 6-7(3) 3-6 to German Angelika Bachmann. And at 11am today 2001 ASB Classic winner Meilen Tu from California will face Israeli, Shahar Peer, for a place in the main draw. Tu also had to qualify last year and progressed all the way through to the quarterfinals. Peer convincingly defeated No 5 seed Aiko Nakamura of Japan 6-3 6-2.

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
45,731 Posts
Angie!!!!!!!!!!!! great job girl!!! 2005 will be your year!!!

·
GIMME SHELTER
48,185 Posts
I'm stunned, too. Angelique :yeah: :bigclap: Angie :worship: :bowdown:
But it's like the beginning of every season ... :eek:

Keep rollin', Jess !

41 - 60 of 71 Posts