Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not quite summer in terms of weather but the kids are out and playing tournaments somewhere.

Some are turning pro now or have in the past years, while some still have amateur status, while playing ITF's events.

I created this thread to track what's going on in your neck of the woods, who's doing what, and whatever tidbits you care to share.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Haven't really seen Sabs play that much on US soil, except for college events, as much as she plays abroad every summer... :eek:h:

·
Registered
9,988 Posts
She's on the list for a bunch of European ITFs along with Kaitlyn Christian but I think Sabs' boyfriend lives in Finiland

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$25,000 Changwon (KOR) 2015 | May 25 (Winner: Kristie Ahn)

Good to see Kristie win her first title as a professional and 2nd title altogether, as 1st title was in 2009, prior Stanford.

·
Registered
24,839 Posts
Lauren Herring and Ellen Perez also both qualified in Charlotte and won their first round singles matches and their first round doubles match together. Caroline Price got a wildcard and won her first round match too.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Lauren Herring and Ellen Perez also both qualified in Charlotte and won their first round singles matches and their first round doubles match together. Caroline Price got a wildcard and won her first round match too.
Price defeated Rianna Valdes, USC's incoming freshman. I wasn't sure how good Valdes was. Looks like she'll end up playing in a middle position in the lineup.

·
Registered
24,839 Posts
Kourtney Keegan, Caroline Price, and Lauren Herring all into the Charlotte quarters, and Herring/Perez are in the doubles semis.

It's also worth noting that Giuliana Olmos from USC won a $10K in Mexico last week and is back in the quarters of another event this week.

AND Kristie is into another $25K QF in Korea!

Great week for the college girls so far :)

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kourtney Keegan, Caroline Price, and Lauren Herring all into the Charlotte quarters, and Herring/Perez are in the doubles semis.

It's also worth noting that Giuliana Olmos from USC won a $10K in Mexico last week and is back in the quarters of another event this week.

Go Kristie! I hope she remains healthy as I'd like to see her reach her full potential.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Olmos wins her second $10k in a row down in Mexico.

Price and Herring will be playing in the Finals at Charlotte's $10k. UPDATE: Price wins over Herring 6-2, 3-6, 6-3.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Great straight set win today for Georgia's Rising Sophomore Ellen Perez over NCAA Champion Jamie Loeb in the qualifying final of the Sumter ITF. Score was 7-5 7-5. Loeb advanced to the main draw as a lucky loser. Lots of current and former college players in this tournament.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts